Regular Contributor

True Credit

are fakos....correct?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: True Credit

Fako scores are meaningless, FICO scores are the one's to concern yourself with.  TC is just a cost effective way to monitor your reports and possibly help prevent identity theft.  Disregard the scores and stupid comments on your reports atTC.
Message 2 of 6
girlie
Regular Contributor

that's what i thought, but i read somewhere on here that the cheapest way to monitor your scores is with true credit.  i know the fakos and ficos are different, but will the fakos rise when the ficos do?
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

girlie wrote:
that's what i thought, but i read somewhere on here that the cheapest way to monitor your scores is with true credit.  i know the fakos and ficos are different, but will the fakos rise when the ficos do?

It's hard to say!  Some report to this forum higher FAKO's while other's higher FICO's.  Sometimes some are going one way and the others another way.  I cannot say with any confidence that when my Fako's go up my Fico's follow suite.  It's constantly changing for many of the folks here because they are in credit repair mode and TC is a wonderful tool for monitoring these changes.  Whenever, I see a change on my reports at TC, I will usually come to myfico and buy a new report(s) to see how my score(s) have changed.  So yes, TC is a great deal and I pull daily from it.
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

FAKOs may or may not follow suit. Mine usually do, but my FAKOs are almost always lower than my FICOs.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thatsbecause you keep telling fakeo's their scores dont matterSmiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.