cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well explain the 16 pt drop after going from 8% to 7%? And other factors?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Well explain the 16 pt drop after going from 8% to 7%? And other factors?

@bourgogne wrote:

well this is insane to find this little tidbit here...I just had this happen on a kids account that I have (3) AU cards on.  I have not read the back story here on this but great, I know how to fix it - get a bal on the card that reported $ 0 but is this artificial, meaning if I closed all the AU accounts would his scores also go back up?  crazy but glad I found the cause it really had me going.  thx

EDIT: just hit the post below talking about aaoa - I don't have the time or interest to aaoa his account to answer the remove question so i will just get a bal back reporting on the card.   thx

@bourgogne I am on 3 AU accounts, I lost 16 pts when all the cards reported a zero balance. Didnt think I would get a pentaly for this, but I did. It was done by accident as a dispute removed a balance on the account. Now the small balances are back on the AU accounts. 

Message 31 of 32
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Well explain the 16 pt drop after going from 8% to 7%? And other factors? (Update)

Here is another data point that makes no sense...I lost 6 pts on Equifax due to me adding small balances to the AU cards I am on. That is the only change I see on my reports everything else is the same and for once TU isnt my lowest score now. 

AU cards Before 

Chase $0 balance as payments were made to reflect a 0$ statement balance 

Discover $0 balance as payments were made to reflect a 0$ statement balance 

Wells Fargos $20 balance on statement (This started my 16 pt loss due a dispute when it showed $0 balance) 

AU cards now and losing 6 pts

Chase $25 balance 

Discover $66 balance

Wells Fargos $20 balance 

EX 775 TU 770 and EQ 758 

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.