Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Score does Capital One Use?

tag
rrr66
Valued Member

What Score does Capital One Use?

I know Capital One does a triple pull and they use the FICO 04 version, but do they use regular FICO 04 or Bankcard FICO 04?

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: What Score does Capital One Use?

The score they gave me matches my TU Fico 08 Auto Score, which is weird. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 15
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I have always heard the main score they use is your EQ-04 score.   I think it would have been mentioned if it was a bank enhanced FICO score (different range).  But they didn't give me a score when I app'd.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure some others can chime in but I though they use the 04 scores for the Venture and VentureOne and 08's for everything else. 

Message 4 of 15
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Maybe one of you can answer this or somebody else can chime in  where do you find your my fico 04 scores at? I see my Fico 08 scores. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you subscribe to the 3B MyFico monitoring you'll get quarterly updates to on your scores that include your Fico 08 and Fico 04 scores plus other scoring models. You can also purchase a 3B report for all three CRB's or purchase them individually. Sometimes a minute or two on Google will turn up some discounts. Not bad to have them all so you can see what your scores are on the different models. I paid for mine before I apped the Venture card to know where I stood on the 04 scores. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 08

Check the Cap1 pre-qual site, if you get a Congratulations that almost always gets you approved.

Message 7 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Widely thought they use REGULAR 04 scores, not bankcard enhanced 04 scores.  

Message 8 of 15
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

Maybe one of you can answer this or somebody else can chime in  where do you find your my fico 04 scores at? I see my Fico 08 scores. 

Cap1 will give you the credit score they used to approve/disapprove your application only if you are not approved with the best terms.  If you get the best rate, then they will not give you your credit score. 

DCU is the cheapest way to get your EQ-04 scores.   You can also buy them from Equifax.   You can buy most of your scores (including EQ-04) here at MF, but it is costly.

Message 9 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Widely thought they use REGULAR 04 scores, not bankcard enhanced 04 scores.  

Indeed, matched my Beacon 5.0 score, not my bankcard enhanced version and I knew both at the time of the app.  Heard they use other scores too but FICO 04 seems to be the predominant one on Venture apps at least.

        
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.