Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bureau delay? or odd experience

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

bureau delay? or odd experience

heya fellow MF'ers, so i checked my Experian FICO on the 11th (after an AZEO balance decrease) and it had just gone up 7 points.

The very next day(12th), nothing at all changed profile-wise, course not even the usual 1st of the month mini AAOA point boost that i usually get but surpringly (and happily i might add) my score shot up 12 points with zero other changes, is this a norm? usually when the balance decrease hits(11th as shown below) the score jump would also be consecutive and automatic, in other words executed at the same time/day. No? thoughts?

I thought i had just got to 707 for my AZEO efforts but looks like 12 points got.. what delayed a couple days? is that even possible..  

(should probably mention i have had the daily Experian FICO active for quite a while too)

thanks all3C0DE238-AB48-4B14-9574-949C96FD48F1.jpeg

32 REPLIES 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: bureau delay? or odd experience

Experian has some odd idiosyncrasies. You can get an alert for new inquiry or balance changes but it doesn't generate a score at that point in time... if you have already pulled the score for that day, you won't get an update of the score till the following day.  

I actually haven't managed to confirm that is precisely what happens they might even prepopulate the score at the start of the day, but I know it is weird.  Maybe next time I will try to test it if USBank ever lets me apply for the AR and pretty sure the inquiry will land there.

        
Message 2 of 33
cr101
Established Contributor

This has always been my experience:

I do something like pay down a card by a signficant amount

My score increases bc of that

Days later, I get the alert on the EX site and via email that I paid the tradeline down a lot

I've always found it odd that they would send the alerts out so late. They're pretty useless.

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the looks of it you got 7 points for paying down the Discover and 12 for paying down the American Express.
Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may have reported on the 11th at 11:59 PM and it was integrated and re-scored on the 12th at 12 AM
Message 5 of 33
elixerin
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They may have reported on the 11th at 11:59 PM and it was integrated and re-scored on the 12th at 12 AM

odd, both those cards report on 6th and AMEX 7th this month. I remember distinctly seeing just the mini score jump on the same day AMEX also reported the decreases

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case I don’t know, you would have to go line by line and compare the reports day by day.

Something had to of changed the score does not change absent something changing or aging which happens at the beginning of the month.

Did you have any inquiries age off possibly?
Message 7 of 33
elixerin
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In that case I don’t know, you would have to go line by line and compare the reports day by day.

Something had to of changed the score does not change absent something changing or aging which happens at the beginning of the month.

Did you have any inquiries age off possibly?

@Anonymous ooo good thought, completely forgot. I have 2 inquiries on 5/12/2019 one on 5/13/2019 and last one on 5/15/2019 (4 total May 2019)

before that it was one in March of that year

the beginning of my credit history i had like 7 which were in Oct/Nov of 2018

Completely Blank before that, Guess the 1 year falloff was just bigger than expected.

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

There you go mystery solved!
Message 9 of 33
elixerin
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
There you go mystery solved!

Neat! yeah i was combing day to day and this caught me off guard 

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.