Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bureau delay? or odd experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bureau delay? or odd experience

@TekkenQQ7 I'm sorry, I feel really stupid. You've got profile stats in your signature and I did not even look there until I just read your last post. Lol.

You've got enough cards that it's not gonna hurt you to lose that AU and you seem to have sufficient credit limits. As long as you're not carrying high utilization all the time, you're fine.

Since the accounts only three years old and you've got a 2007 account from Navy it shouldn't affect your age by much. 

Should have negligible or no score effect, or you could just go put a small balance on the AU and get your points back. Either way, but if you don't want to have to worry about always having a balance on the AU, then just remove it. 

And I don't know if I was clear when I spoke about the revolving thresholds, but they are 9%, 29%, 49%, 69%, and 89%. So taking that away is only taking a small percentage of your credit limit away.

Unless your debt level causes your utilization percentage to cross one of those thresholds by reducing total revolving credit limit, then there should be no score change due to utilization was my point. Does that make sense?

And it's my pleasure to help. If you have any other questions or need clarification please don't hesitate to ask.

Message 31 of 33
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 I'm sorry, I feel really stupid. You've got profile stats in your signature and I did not even look there until I just read your last post. Lol.

You've got enough cards that it's not gonna hurt you to lose that AU and you seem to have sufficient credit limits. As long as you're not carrying high utilization all the time, you're fine.

Since the accounts only three years old and you've got a 2007 account from Navy it shouldn't affect your age by much. my oldest account is 10 years lod student loan.

Should have negligible or no score effect, or you could just go put a small balance on the AU and get your points back. Either way, but if you don't want to have to worry about always having a balance on the AU, then just remove it. don't knowhow i feel about that.

And I don't know if I was clear when I spoke about the revolving thresholds, but they are 9%, 29%, 49%, 69%, and 89%. So taking that away is only taking a small percentage of your credit limit away. my tottal utilization is less than 2%.

Unless your debt level causes your utilization percentage to cross one of those thresholds by reducing total revolving credit limit, then there should be no score change due to utilization was my point. Does that make sense?

And it's my pleasure to help. If you have any other questions or need clarification please don't hesitate to ask.

I will consider this a closed case, for now, untell anything changed I will not bother you. Again thank you so much, I hope this can help someone having the same issue. Peace

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TekkenQQ7 I wanted to make sure that you understood because I probably didn’t pick my words as well as I should have.

When I said it should have negligible or no score impact, I meant no negative score impact by removing it. (You should get your points back without any negative impact to offset it, if you remove yourself as an authorized user is what I was trying to say.)

So, you can either remove yourself as authorized user or keep a balance on the authorized user card, either way you should get your points back.

Yeah you’ve got a 2010 account that’s good, so you should be good on age. I was just examining the potential negative consequences of removing yourself as an authorized user, but none of those really seem to apply to you because you already have older accounts, sufficient credit limit, and a sufficient number of cards. 2% utilization is great. So what I was trying to say is there would not be any negative impact to take away from getting all your points back or to offset it if you choose to be removed from the card.

If you have any more questions or concerns don’t hesitate to reach out.

No bother at all. Please keep us updated and let us know what you decide and how it works out.
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.