Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute or wait

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dispute or wait

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

That would get it in front of them to either remove (as they promised) or not. That's why I said to explain in the dispute the same things posted here. 

I would never suggest frivolous disputes but the reps said they were going to delete the lates and it hasn't been done. 

But they never actually said they were going to delete the late; they did not promise anything. 

Message 11 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

That would get it in front of them to either remove (as they promised) or not. That's why I said to explain in the dispute the same things posted here. 

I would never suggest frivolous disputes but the reps said they were going to delete the lates and it hasn't been done. 

But they never actually said they were going to delete the late; they did not promise anything. 

You are right.....they never actually said they were going to delete the late payment but the supervisor sure as he&l indicated it would be removed.....anyway I have the GW lettter written, signed and ready to mail.  I plan to call the exec office in the morning to see if there is anyone in particular I should direct the letter to.  If so, and I am able to talk with them I will; otherwise I guess I'll just have to wait.

Message 12 of 18
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Yeah, I'm still confused about this "reset" thing.

I wonder if they meant their internal records, take the late off their records and not the CB. 

Message 13 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Yeah, I'm still confused about this "reset" thing.

I wonder if they meant their internal records, take the late off their records and not the CB. 

I sure don't know what the "reset" thing is either but they clearly stated "credit bureau reset", not an internal tool........or maybe it was.  Anyway, I'm moving on with or without Kohls, just picked up the PNC Core Visa card today with 0% Apr for 15 months just in case  I need to carry a balance or a while

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecxpa wrote:

You are right.....they never actually said they were going to delete the late payment but the supervisor sure as he&l indicated it would be removed.....anyway I have the GW lettter written, signed and ready to mail.  I plan to call the exec office in the morning to see if there is anyone in particular I should direct the letter to.  If so, and I am able to talk with them I will; otherwise I guess I'll just have to wait.

I would strongly suggest sending more than 1 letter.  While some people have success with just 1 letter, the majority doesn't.  Rather than worry about who/where you're addressing the 1 letter, I'd spend 15 minutes on Google searching for as many addresses as you can for your creditor.  Then print out that many copies, stuff your envelopes and fire them away.

If you find (say) 8 addresses, you just increased your odds of success over just sending the single letter by 8x.

Message 15 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

.....I would strongly suggest sending more than 1 letter.  While some people have success with just 1 letter, the majority doesn't.  Rather than worry about who/where you're addressing the 1 letter, I'd spend 15 minutes on Google searching for as many addresses as you can for your creditor.  Then print out that many copies, stuff your envelopes and fire them away.

If you find (say) 8 addresses, you just increased your odds of success over just sending the single letter by 8x.

Great idea; I'll do that.  Called the executive office today to see if I needed to address this to a particular person and was put on the line with guess who??????......the same customer service rep  group I have been talking to. 

I think I am fighting a losing battle here.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 17 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your fight hasn't yet begun.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-odds/td-p/4727098

Thanks for the advice....I'm on my way

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.