cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you paste a screen shot into a message?

tag
mssher
New Contributor

How do you paste a screen shot into a message?

Hello!  Just wondering how to paste a screen shot into a message on the board?  I tried print screen/paste . . . I tried copy/past . . . .I tried the snipping tool/paste  . . and nothing seems to work!  I see others posting screen shots.  What is the secret methong??  Thanks!

USAA AmEx 17,000 | USAA Visa 14,500 | BOA Visa 10,000 | BOA World MC 10,000 | Fifth Third 9,000 | Discover IT 13,500 | Barclay Apple Rewards 6,440 | AMEX BCE 6,000 | Citi DC 6,3000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig 5,000 | PenFed Visa Sig 5,000 | Alliant Visa 5,000 | Citi Sears 5,000 | State Farm Visa Sig 5,000 | CapOne QS 5,250 | Firestone 2,200 | Kohls 2,000 |
FICO 8: EX 782 - EQ 794 - TU 796 *** Goal: Decrease Number of Cards to 12 + store cards ***
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you paste a screen shot into a message?

Good thing I have this on macro. Smiley Tongue

First you'll have to host the picture on any free hosting website (Photobucket, Imgur, etc) and then you click reply and look for a button that says "Insert/edit image" (it should look like the one I circled for you in this screen capture below). 

Then you look for a tab that says "From Another Site", click on it and then insert the URL in there and then click "Load image" (again, pic below Smiley Tongue ).

Once it's loaded then you click on "Insert image" and it should give you a preview of what it'll look like on your post. When you're done, click "Post".

If you don't see all that above then make sure that "Use the Rich Text Editor tab by default" is checked (it's under My Settings > Preferences).

Good luck and let me know if you still need help. Smiley Happy

Edit:  and what YIM said below. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mssher wrote:

Hello!  Just wondering how to paste a screen shot into a message on the board?  I tried print screen/paste . . . I tried copy/past . . . .I tried the snipping tool/paste  . . and nothing seems to work!  I see others posting screen shots.  What is the secret methong??  Thanks!

The reason why is it not working for you is because you have to have a certain number of posts to be able to post/paste pics in the forum. I see as of this post, you only have 6 posts since 2008...  Once you post more, that will be lifted as this is done as a precaution.

You are doing everything right to post but it is because of what I stated above that is preventing you.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you reach the proper rank, you can upload directly to this site. No need to go through the whole photobucket stuff.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Once you reach the proper rank, you can upload directly to this site. No need to go through the whole photobucket stuff.

What is the proper rank?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's not valued member, which is after established member as I just ranked up but still can't post pictures outside of some web photo tool.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for step by step...just used it!

Wonderful information and so appreciate you taking the time.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.