Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posts not marked as "read"

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Posts not marked as "read"

This has been happening during the last few months.

I read a post.  From start to finish.  The post will be in light font, indicating I read the post.  When I leave that forum, later return to the same forum, the post is in dark font again, implying that I never read it.

Under options, the mark all posts as read button does not work either -- for the topic or for the forum.  

Suggestions for getting the posts to remain "read" and the unread meter to update?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Posts not marked as "read"

Is this happening for every post that you read?   Also are you on desktop or mobile, and which browser?

I haven't seen this happen before, at least the only time that I've noticed it is when someone added a new post to a thread or updated a previous response. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

This happens to every post, each time I go to the forums.  It is like the system resets to "new" each & every time I leave a forum/go to a forum.

I use a desktop only.  

Message 3 of 6
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

When I am done reading every post that I am interested in, I scroll down to the bottom of the main page and use the "Mark all posts in Community as Read" link. I click on that, it marks all the posts as read, and then I log out. Next time I login, only posts that are new since my last login show as unread and haven't had a problem doing it that way.

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Can you check your account settings, confirm "when I read them" or "use default" is selcted?

read posts.JPG

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Thanks.  The settings were at default.  Made the suggested changes.

On my screen, at the top of each forum, there is  a button to click to say "Mark all as unread" or "Mark all as read"   That is a button that doesn't always work.  Today, I was able to get it to work in two forums, but not all of the forums I read.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.