Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't tell if Score Watch is working

tag
beerspice
New Visitor

Can't tell if Score Watch is working

I signed up for Score Watch a couple weeks ago. My dashboard page says score monitoring is on, but it also shows that my score is "as of" two weeks ago -- the day I signed up for the service. So it doesn't look like it's keeping a current snapshot of my score. Will it automatically update as my score changes, or do I have to order additional Score Power reports? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't tell if Score Watch is working

set your target score to your current score.  This will generate an alert if the score moves in either direction.

It does update, you don't need to use the power reports.  Have your balances changed significantly in the last 2 weeks?  Did you open new accounts in that time?  What happened that is causing you to believe your score has changed?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 4
beerspice
New Visitor

Ah, thanks -- I did set an alert, so I guess I'll just wait to see what happens.

I don't necessarily think my score would have changed in the last two weeks. The "as of" date just has me confused -- it makes it look like it checked my score once the day I signed up, and that they haven't checked it since, which makes it look like it's not being monitored at all. Sounds like maybe it *is* being monitored, but the "as of" date only refreshes when the score changes...?

Message 3 of 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

beerspice wrote:

Ah, thanks -- I did set an alert, so I guess I'll just wait to see what happens.

I don't necessarily think my score would have changed in the last two weeks. The "as of" date just has me confused -- it makes it look like it checked my score once the day I signed up, and that they haven't checked it since, which makes it look like it's not being monitored at all. Sounds like maybe it *is* being monitored, but the "as of" date only refreshes when the score changes...?

It monitors for different kinds of alerts at different intervals.  But the date you are looking at is the last date SW detected an alert or score change.  Your score is what is listed, and has been that way as of the date of the alert.

Sometimes, it can be a day or two behind, but it will alert within a few days of a change on your reports.  For example, my last inquiry fell off my EQ report on 02 July.  SW probably detected that change on 03 July, but the SW webpage was not updated until 04 July, when I received an email alert for a score change (the alert was dated 03 July).

Another example would be a credit card statement with a balance change.  The EQ report will probably get updated within a day or two of the statement date.  SW will send an email alert a day or two later.

The quickness of such alerts is good enough for me.  Some people who are itching to apply for a new credit card, mortgage, or some other loan get quite frustrated by this short delay, but there isn't currently a better option for a real FICO score.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.