Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just subscribed to myFICO but...

tag
Grizzly1
Contributor

Just subscribed to myFICO but...

I just subscribed to the $40 three report package to compare and possibly unsubscribe to Experian and TransUnion.

Fast forward and now I’m seeing all three CRA scores.
Experian: 628. Just as it’s listed on their website.
Equifax: 617. I honestly had no idea what this was but know that’s a lot higher than the original 570 in May of this year.
Transunion: This is where I got confused. As of 5/21/19, TransUnion had me at 554 but as of today it shows my best of three score at 635. But on myFICO it shows my TU score at a ultra low 578.

I realize that myFICO shows each score from each reporting agency based off Fico 8 but why doesn’t it show my actual TU score? Both Experian and Equifax list multiple scoring systems both old and new but TU doesn’t show any other scoring models. Please help me understand.
Thanks
8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just subscribed to myFICO but...

@Grizzly1 wrote:
I just subscribed to the $40 three report package to compare and possibly unsubscribe to Experian and TransUnion.

Fast forward and now I’m seeing all three CRA scores.
Experian: 628. Just as it’s listed on their website.
Equifax: 617. I honestly had no idea what this was but know that’s a lot higher than the original 570 in May of this year.
Transunion: This is where I got confused. As of 5/21/19, TransUnion had me at 554 but as of today it shows my best of three score at 635. But on myFICO it shows my TU score at a ultra low 578.

I realize that myFICO shows each score from each reporting agency based off Fico 8 but why doesn’t it show my actual TU score? Both Experian and Equifax list multiple scoring systems both old and new but TU doesn’t show any other scoring models. Please help me understand.
Thanks

A TransUnion subscription does not provide a FICO 8 score; it even says so on their website:  

"There are various types of credit scores, and lenders use a variety of different types of credit scores to make lending decisions. The credit score you receive is based on the VantageScore 3.0 model and may not be the credit score model used by your lender. "

Message 2 of 4
Grizzly1
Contributor

So am I waisting money paying TU for my credit score if banks or credit lenders aren't seeing the score that I'm seeing? I feel like I'm just paying money for them to blow smoke up my back side. At least with Fico scoring you can see all the scoring models. With TU I feel like it's a crapshoot now.

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grizzly1 wrote:

So am I waisting money paying TU for my credit score if banks or credit lenders aren't seeing the score that I'm seeing? I feel like I'm just paying money for them to blow smoke up my back side. At least with Fico scoring you can see all the scoring models. With TU I feel like it's a crapshoot now.

Well...it pays to read the fine print.  The vast majority of lenders use FICO scores or a combination of their own proprietary scoring model and FICO; so you'd want to focus on monitoring your FICO scores. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.