Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More FICO?

I have been with this service for a short time, but I must admit, I don't like paying to update my credit score when I please.  On the other hand, when FICO is good about notifying yours truly when my credit score goes up or down (heaven forbid!:Woman Sad

They are also accurate in notifying me when one of my creditors balances goes up.  Overall, I like FICO and I have no real complaints......not yet.....Woman Very Happy

Diane
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More FICO?

I agree with not being happy about paying to see your friggin credit score. It's an ultra rip-off and a racket.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FACTA said the CRAs have to give you a free report. Nothing about free FAKOs and certainly nothing about free FICOs.
Message 4 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
FACTA said the CRAs have to give you a free report. Nothing about free FAKOs and certainly nothing about free FICOs.

FICO is a business. If I were to give my product out for nothing I wouldn't last long.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:

FICO is a business. If I were to give my product out for nothing I wouldn't last long.

Even with the FACTA requirements on CRAs to give out free CRs once a year, they ain't hurting. They more than make it up on their 3-in-1 monitoring services, and I suspect a lot of consumers are still paying $8-12 a shot for their CRs. I won't even get started on the obfuscation that appears intended to deter disputes and get one to buy another report.

Message 6 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Even with the FACTA requirements on CRAs to give out free CRs once a year, they ain't hurting. They more than make it up on their 3-in-1 monitoring services, and I suspect a lot of consumers are still paying $8-12 a shot for their CRs. I won't even get started on the obfuscation that appears intended to deter disputes and get one to buy another report.

TC is cheap enough for most to afford.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.