cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't Someone Just Tell me how often SW Updates?

tag
Aquinbean
Established Member

Why Can't Someone Just Tell me how often SW Updates?

Is it so much to ask to be given a straight answer as to how often SW updates?  I've never gotten a credit alert, only alerts for score increases.  This leads me to believe that without an alert (balance increases, inquiries, yadda yadda yadda) SW checks for changes and alerts based on your settings... Mine ALWAYS gets reset to current score.  I've gotten alerts on 03/07, 03/15, 03/18, 03/26, and waiting for the next one still.  It's so random, it's maddening!  Seven days, 8 days, 3 days, 8 days, now working on more than 8 days.  What's the deal?  I repeat - NOT ONE of my alerts have been credit alerts.  Can someone give me a clue?  If it's 7-10 days, then why did I get one at 3 days?  Why not just, hey, without a credit alert, it's updated every 7 days.  Period.  It sure would help everyone's confusion.  

Starting Score: 584 on 02/28/13
Current Score: 639 on 04/15/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Why Can't Someone Just Tell me how often SW Updates?

First of all, I wouldn't complain about a service exceeding the promised quality.  Smiley Wink

Scorewatch is supposed to send you a score alert when your score exceeds the set amount; if there is not a score change, there should be an alert every 7-10 days telling you that there is no score change. I find your experience consistent with what Scorewatch is supposed to do.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.