Established Member
What_do_I_do

I need help

We closed on a house April 30th. Our fico scores range between 660 and 710. My husband's car was totaled today (not his fault) I applied for a couple of car loans to replace his car but have been turned down because of the new loan on the house and the fact we have lived in our current residence 1 month. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to try to get a loan from? We have to replace his car within the month. I'm due in August with our first kid and we need two cars.
Valued Contributor
1111mel

Re: I need help

Will insurance give you a check?

Are those scores after the mortgage hit your reports???

Those scores are good scores!!

Go directly to the dealership and they'll get it to work. With those scores make sure your interest rate is closer to 5% then 10% for new, and closer to 10% for used, but not over!!!!
Mortgage Lenders Mid-Score 778 I AM A HOMEOWNER!!!!! 30 Year 5% Fixed Rate, closed on 3/18/09
Senior Contributor
MattH

Re: I need help

What_do_I_do wrote:
We closed on a house April 30th. Our fico scores range between 660 and 710. My husband's car was totaled today (not his fault) I applied for a couple of car loans to replace his car but have been turned down because of the new loan on the house and the fact we have lived in our current residence 1 month. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to try to get a loan from? We have to replace his car within the month. I'm due in August with our first kid and we need two cars.

You should be able to get a used car with the insurance check, you need A CAR you do not need a NEW CAR.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+