Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAOA vs. Credit Score

tag
HappySoda
Valued Member

AAOA vs. Credit Score

I have 4 credit cards through Comenity Bank (Vic Secret, Jcrew, etc.). They were the only ones who would grant me credit back in September.

Bought a few small things and paid them off. My score is currently 740.

I have 1 very old open account with a $500 limit (8 years old jewelry acct still open). I have one secured visa for $300 (sep 2012 opened). I am an authorized user on a Chase card for $5000 for 6 months.

My question is, at what point can I start apping and seeing some approvals? I'm afraid to apply and scared of seeing the old, "Your accts are too new. Limited credit history. Blah blah"

Do you think at 6 months or a year?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: AAOA vs. Credit Score

Depends on what you are aiming for credit scorewise. If higher end cards you want at least a year. Some like Walmart, Barclays, etc could be obtained at 6 months.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: AAOA vs. Credit Score

With the scores in my sig, OA at 5 yrs, and AAoA of about 1 yr. 2 mos, I obtained about 8 new accounts worth about $40K in the past month or so....

(3) accounts are not reporting yet, and when they do, I'll have an AAoA of about 2 mos. lol.  Needless to say, gardening is my latest and greatest profession.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.