Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting there.....

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Getting there.....

My reported EX util dropped below 20% today for the first time in over a year. Feels good. Was at 80% before Christmas.

I decided to try the preapproval link at Amex. Like the dozens of times before, I was expecting the trite, "Unfortunately.....". However today, Amex came back with preapproved offers for the Green and Gold. Now I have no use for any new CCs and passed, but had to share this. It is a milestone. My days of bad credit are no more.

Though it did get me wondering...I opted out two weeks ago in anticipation of a future mortgage app. How does opting out impact preapproval sites like BofA or Amex?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting there.....

Congratulations!!!!!  I'm looking forward to the day when Amex will be my friend.  Way to go!!
Message 2 of 4
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

That's great news! It's a sign of better credit.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats IIecs! Aaaaah... doesn't it feel good?!?

Regarding having opted-out, It will take a few more weeks (maybe up to a couple of months) and then when you go to the BoA & Amex pre-approval sites, they shouldn't have offers for you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.