Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously Paranoid with all the recent accounts closed by chase

tag
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Seriously Paranoid with all the recent accounts closed by chase

You should call Chase and voluntarily close all of your accounts before they do. Might be safer =O

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 21 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@negg wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Despite what any thread anywhere says, in my opinion, there's always a "reason." 

Unless you're popping lates left and right, maxing out your card and making min payments, or apping for a new card every day, you'll most likely be fine. 

+1.  People never divulge the "whole" truth.  CC companies just don't close account cause they are bored on a Tuesday.  There's a reason, what that reason is...who knows.  Pay your bill on time, don't run a bal for a year, don't apply for cc every week and you will be fine. 

It's so easy to just point the finger .... I get it, but not everyone is a blatant liar and some of us have told the "whole" truth because we are actually looking for some rationale, logic and reasoning - sorry you can't seem to understand that and can't see that numerous people - not just here on this board - are having similar problems.  So much easier to jump in and be the critic then be the problem solver, I know Smiley Frustrated

More then likley, the OP has nothing to worry about - use your cards wisely and appropriately and pay your bills on time - that should be enough said.

The constant finger pointing that people aren't truthful is ridiculous on this board - we are talking about corporate America here and Corporate banking - do you all read the same news everyday that I do?  I feel like I am in a different realm or rather should be.

Not everyone here is pointing the finger.  I think people that claim you and others like OP of the other thread aren't telling the 'whole' truth are ridiculous.  I'm a bit surprised that they somehow think banks, of all entities, don't make stupid decisions that have no basis of facts to justify that decision.  Whether it's a computer algorithm or a person making these decisions they can and do make pathetic decisions that affect people's financial well being.  The only thing that we should interpret from these types of cases is not that someone isn't telling the truth but that it can happen to any of us and that's why you have to diversify your credit portfolio.  There is no need to be paranoid but be cognizant of cases like this and taken appropriate measures to protect yourself.

*Slow clap*

Message 22 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Could these topics be related to those who purchase gift cards or some sort to obtain cash back bonus??? Is this the possible reasons of account closures? I can't help but to be EXTREMELY PARANOID.  These topics are all over the forums an growing every day. The only thing I am guilty of is trying to obtain un secured CREDIT CARDS. YES, I have applied for 5 but only received 3/5. I just hope over the recent month (December) I didn't just set myself up for account closure.

Rookie2008..  If you drink, have a glass of wine and relax Smiley Tongue  Unless you are doing something that you shouldn't be doing..  No need to worry.

Message 23 of 58
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@negg wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Despite what any thread anywhere says, in my opinion, there's always a "reason." 

Unless you're popping lates left and right, maxing out your card and making min payments, or apping for a new card every day, you'll most likely be fine. 

+1.  People never divulge the "whole" truth.  CC companies just don't close account cause they are bored on a Tuesday.  There's a reason, what that reason is...who knows.  Pay your bill on time, don't run a bal for a year, don't apply for cc every week and you will be fine. 

It's so easy to just point the finger .... I get it, but not everyone is a blatant liar and some of us have told the "whole" truth because we are actually looking for some rationale, logic and reasoning - sorry you can't seem to understand that and can't see that numerous people - not just here on this board - are having similar problems.  So much easier to jump in and be the critic then be the problem solver, I know Smiley Frustrated

More then likley, the OP has nothing to worry about - use your cards wisely and appropriately and pay your bills on time - that should be enough said.

The constant finger pointing that people aren't truthful is ridiculous on this board - we are talking about corporate America here and Corporate banking - do you all read the same news everyday that I do?  I feel like I am in a different realm or rather should be.

Not everyone here is pointing the finger.  I think people that claim you and others like OP of the other thread aren't telling the 'whole' truth are ridiculous.  I'm a bit surprised that they somehow think banks, of all entities, don't make stupid decisions that have no basis of facts to justify that decision.  Whether it's a computer algorithm or a person making these decisions they can and do make pathetic decisions that affect people's financial well being.  The only thing that we should interpret from these types of cases is not that someone isn't telling the truth but that it can happen to any of us and that's why you have to diversify your credit portfolio.  There is no need to be paranoid but be cognizant of cases like this and taken appropriate measures to protect yourself.

You spend enough time in the cold hard world of myfico...everyone starts to look guilty...everyone...

lol +1 (this is how I feel working in customer service...they're all scammers/liars!! Smiley Mad)

But in all seriousness, just use your cards normally and pay them off. If a bank decides to shut you down (justified or not), then move on and find another bank that wants your business. If Chase shut my Freedom down ever, I would promptly get another bank account, transfer all my money and then get another CC somewhere else where they want my money. 

Given that companies like Amex and Chase must issue cards in the hundreds of thousands (if not millions), the amount of people who get shut down/FR'd/etc is very small. Myfico is nowhere near a good sample of the general population. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 24 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the laugh guys. I feel like I have been picked up by the police an been coerced into telling them what they wanted to hear. LOL.

Message 25 of 58
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the laugh guys. I feel like I have been picked up by the police an been coerced into telling them what they wanted to hear. LOL.

You mean you feel like you called the police because an engine backfired outside your house and you thought it was a gunshot and were paranoid you were going to be shot, and your dreams were haunted by the noise, only to be told by the police that it was an engine backfiring all along and you were never in any real danger? 

Message 26 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You mean you feel like you called the police because an engine backfired outside your house and you thought it was a gunshot and were paranoid you were going to be shot, and your dreams were haunted by the noise, only to be told by the police that it was an engine backfiring all along and you were never in any real danger? 

Ha..ha.. ha..  That is sooo funnySmiley Tongue

Message 27 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL.

Message 28 of 58
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I understand your skepticism but read other boards and other threads unrelated to me and this board .... I am not alone.  Chase is closing some accounts and there is not more to the story or another "reason".  It's easy to hide behind the computer and assume that someone is abusing their credit or paying late but I am putting it out there - all of it - it just isn't there to speculate on this time.  Trust me, I have scrutinized every aspect.  The ONLY thing that remotely makes sense is I paid in full and earned points but didn't pay interest so they weren't making money on these cards.  I wouldn't think this would cause my accounts to close but given my bankers confidence - now - in seemingly thinking they will be reopened upon this review makes me think this is somehow some sort of end of the year restructuring.  I don't really know but my confidence is shot and it certainly was not specific to me and no fault of myself or my business and I was certainly not maxing out my cards.  

Having too much available credit is hardly a valid reason given my justifiable income and regular and constant payments.

To the OP:  No reason to be paranoid, just do as you normally would and let the cards fall where they will.  If it is meant to be, it will be and I truly believe I have been led to a better banking relationship as a result of this mishap so if you find yourself in my unfortunate circumstance, don't fret, regroup and something good will come from it.  If not, you will likely Love Chase like I did right up until this unfortunate falling out.

I agree that there has to be a reason why they closed your accounts whether it be too much available credit, something in your CR, maybe they thought you were putting business expenses on your personal cards.  It also might be that you did nothing wrong but something triggered the computers to close your accounts because I doubt it was done on a manual review they don't have that kind of man power to check all account holders.

My point is valid or not something triggered it no matter what they tell you.  Chase tends to be a little secretive with their reasons for these actions but would rather give you a generic cookie cuttter answer that would less likely lead to litagation.

Also if you put through charges on it constantly that would be just as good to a CCC as carrying a balance they will still make the same amount of money if not more but with less potential for loss if you are paying it offevery month.

Message 29 of 58
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I have to agree with everyone else that says there's always more to the story. It's true. There's always something else that people fail to mention or even realize that results in an account closure. Use your cards as you should and don't worry about it. The point of credit is for freedom while being responsible about it. If you follow that, I don't see why you should worry.

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.