Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI

tag
buggie
New Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Well here is the update -- that went horrible.  I chatted her up then asked for a CLI -- here is what I got.

Me: I’ve had a Charge account with you for many years. The account has always been in good standing. I would like a Credit Line Increase, can you help me out with this request

Nina: You may go to the Top of Tool Bar Select> Account Services> Credit Line Increase to request for it. Be reminded that it will be subject for approval upon credit check.

Me: Are you saying that requests for CL increases are an actual Hard Inquiry on my credit?

Nina: Your request for a credit line increase may result in an inquiry on your credit bureau; however, some requests are determined using only internal factors on your account and may not result in an inquiry on your credit bureau.

Nina: Would you like me to manually request it for you?

Me: What is a "manual" request? Is that a soft pull of my credit?

Nina: It will be the same as the request done online. You may contact your credit bureau to inquire further if it will be a soft or hard pull on your credit.

Me: If it's a hard inquiry, there is nothing the credit bureau can do after the fact. If you don't know whether I will receive a hard inquiry for a CLI, then it's not worth the request. Is there a number I can call so I can verify this process?

It's not worth taking a HP -- I thought CLI were soft pulls for Synchrony.  That was disappointing.

Yep, that is exactly what happened to me in trying to get an increase with JCP. They said exactly the same thing to me, and I decided to just close the card out, until a few weeks after that chat, I hit the luv button again and got an increase from $500 to $2200. My card was about a year old at the time.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'll call the backdoor number and at the very least try to verify if hitting the luv button is a hard inquiry.  The CSR via chat said that hitting the button is a HP.  If that is indeed the case, there is a lot of people gettting HPs that probably think they are just getting a SP.

Message 12 of 13
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I'll call the backdoor number and at the very least try to verify if hitting the luv button is a hard inquiry.  The CSR via chat said that hitting the button is a HP.  If that is indeed the case, there is a lot of people gettting HPs that probably think they are just getting a SP.

I can assure you there are not too many folks on this forum that would get a hard pull and not know about it within 24 hours.  Never believe anything a CSR says about hard vs soft pulls.  Half the time they don't know the difference.  The other half of the time they intentionally lie.  Of course usually it goes the other way around, but it still applies here.

There was a big fuss less than a year ago about I think it was Comenity changing the language on the luv button.  Saying it may result in a hard pull or something to that effect.  It did not result in a hard pull for anyone at the time nor since. 

This could be a C.Y.A. type of situation for this CSR.  But my vote is simple incompetence.

Either way, if you absolutely cannot afford a HP, don't click the button.  That goes for always.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.