Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?



moonman wrote:
what the heck that supposed to mean?

Anderson wrote:
Montgomery Wards aka Monkey Wards



 
Don't know how many people are from the southwest, like me but Montgomery Wards was always referred to as Monkey Ward, Target was referred to as Target' and of course good old Jacque Pine' or JC Penneys

Regular Contributor
Posts: 154
Registered: ‎07-20-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

I had a Sears and Firestone card back in 86' with 1000CL on both.
TU: 666 EQ: 666 EX: 680 .
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 293
Registered: ‎05-01-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

i 'm from texas(fort worth) and i have never heard that phrase(even as a kid) before and wards was really big here growing up.but hey i truly understand now.no prob.peace.

Brammy wrote:

moonman wrote: what the heck that supposed to mean?

Anderson wrote:
Montgomery Wards aka Monkey Wards


Don't know how many people are from the southwest, like me but Montgomery Wards was always referred to as Monkey Ward, Target was referred to as Target' and of course good old Jacque Pine' or JC Penneys

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?



moonman wrote:
i 'm from texas(fort worth) and i have never heard that phrase(even as a kid) before and wards was really big here growing up.but hey i truly understand now.no prob.peace.

Brammy wrote:

moonman wrote: what the heck that supposed to mean?

Anderson wrote:
Montgomery Wards aka Monkey Wards


Don't know how many people are from the southwest, like me but Montgomery Wards was always referred to as Monkey Ward, Target was referred to as Target' and of course good old Jacque Pine' or JC Penneys



 
Nice to meet you I'm from Dallas

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 293
Registered: ‎05-01-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

hello neighbor.......nice to meet you too and i hope you having a great holiday.smile

Brammy wrote:

moonman wrote: i 'm from texas(fort worth) and i have never heard that phrase(even as a kid) before and wards was really big here growing up.but hey i truly understand now.no prob.peace.

Brammy wrote:

moonman wrote: what the heck that supposed to mean?

Anderson wrote:
Montgomery Wards aka Monkey Wards


Don't know how many people are from the southwest, like me but Montgomery Wards was always referred to as Monkey Ward, Target was referred to as Target' and of course good old Jacque Pine' or JC Penneys


Nice to meet you I'm from Dallas

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?



moonman wrote:
hello neighbor.......nice to meet you too and i hope you having a great holiday.smile
 
Long way from home right now but will be going to see Granny for her b'day at Christmas.

New Member
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎03-28-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

Mine was actually a Discover Card!  That was back in 1996, I was a college freshman, and I dont think they were quite as picky back then!!!
Established Member
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎11-08-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?



haulingthescoreup wrote:


fillibert wrote:
This thread brings back memories. I still remember the days when you just handed your card to the cashier and they place the card in a metal machine that would imprint your card onto a triplicate carbon sales slip. They hardly ever called in to check on your card. Does anyone remember those old manual machines they used?



Absolutely! They made this great "crunch, crunch" sound. And a lot of store cards were different sizes from the usual. My mother had a Goldsmith's card that was as wide as a standard card, but only about 2/3 as tall.

After a while, the raised numbers on the cards would start to wear off, and you'd have to replace it, because the account number wouldn't go on the carbons properly.

I
Established Member
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎11-08-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?



haulingthescoreup wrote:


fillibert wrote:
This thread brings back memories. I still remember the days when you just handed your card to the cashier and they place the card in a metal machine that would imprint your card onto a triplicate carbon sales slip. They hardly ever called in to check on your card. Does anyone remember those old manual machines they used?



Absolutely! They made this great "crunch, crunch" sound. And a lot of store cards were different sizes from the usual. My mother had a Goldsmith's card that was as wide as a standard card, but only about 2/3 as tall.

After a while, the raised numbers on the cards would start to wear off, and you'd have to replace it, because the account number wouldn't go on the carbons properly.

I remember that with the numbers wearing off (lol),  My Buffum's card was that way (wide but very short)!
Established Contributor
Posts: 579
Registered: ‎07-07-2007
0

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

Cap 1.  It is still haunting me ...........  If I only knew then what I know now I would be in much better shape today.
(04/21/08): TU683, EQ670(5/10), EX701(5/4)
(11/24/07): TU681, EQ671, EX684
(07/07/07): TU578, EQ572, EX583
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.