Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most accounts you opened in a whole year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the most accounts you opened in a whole year

@Anonymous wrote:
I opened like 8 New accounts in this entire year itself. I am definitely in a need for garden with 30 inquiries addding all 3 credit bureaus together. My fico score now ranges from 652-684

I wonder if no accounts are open any further for the next 2 years will a lender still view the 8 accounts as a risk?

Peanut6, we have CreditAddict and Ron1 on line 1 ready for the teleconference meeting.  Smiley LOL

Message 61 of 131
ddemari
Super Contributor

Since August 2014 to August 2015 I have opened the following

1. Chase Sapphire Visa
  2. Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa 
  3. Chase Slate Visa 
  4. Chase Ritz Visa
  5. Chase United Visa 
  6. Chase Amazson Visa
  7. Chase Marriott Visa
  8. Cap1 QS Visa Platinum 
  9. Cap1 VentureOne Visa Signature, converted to QS Visa Sig. 
  10. Barcalys Arrival+ WEMC
  11. Barclays U.S. Aiways WMC, Convereted to Red WMC Aviator, Converted to Silver WEMC
  12. 5/3 Cash rewards WMC
  13. 5/3 Real Life Rewards WMC
  14. Synch Ebates Visa
  15. Synch Ebay MC
  16. Synch Lowes 
  17. Synch Sams Club
  18. Synch BP Visa
  19. Synch American Eagle
  20. Synch Banana Republic
  21. Macy's
  22. Bloomingdale's
  23. Barneys NYC
  24. Neiman Marcus 
  25. Comenity Overstock.com
  26. Comenity iComfort 
  27. ComenityHSN
  28. Comenity J.Crew 

AAOA before this was 5 years creeping on 6 years. Now its 3.5 years. FICO EX 705, EQ 688, TU 738. Income (just got a raise Smiley Happy $95,000.00. 

Just under $3,000.00 in CC debt. $92,000.00 in student loan debt. Clean profile on TU and EX. EQ shows a paid charge off from 2009. Heavy inquiries across the board except today TU is down to 8! was at 18 3 weeks ago. 

Message 62 of 131
ddemari
Super Contributor

Forgot to add;

29. Pier 1 Rewards CC 

30. Modell's MVP credit account - opened and closed. 

Message 63 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

1. Chase Sapphire Visa
  3. Chase Slate Visa 
  4. Chase Ritz Visa
  5. Chase United Visa 
  6. Chase Amazson Visa
  7. Chase Marriott Visa
  8. Cap1 QS Visa Platinum 
  11. Barclays U.S. Aiways WMC, Convereted to Red WMC Aviator, Converted to Silver WEMC
  12. 5/3 Cash rewards WMC
  14. Synch Ebates Visa
  15. Synch Ebay MC
  16. Synch Lowes 
  17. Synch Sams Club
  18. Synch BP Visa
  19. Synch American Eagle
  21. Macy's
  22. Bloomingdale's
  23. Barneys NYC
  24. Neiman Marcus 
  26. Comenity iComfort 
  27. ComenityHSN
  28. Comenity J.Crew 

AAOA before this was 5 years creeping on 6 years. Now its 3.5 years. FICO EX 705, EQ 688, TU 738. Income (just got a raise Smiley Happy $95,000.00. 

Just under $3,000.00 in CC debt. $92,000.00 in student loan debt. Clean profile on TU and EX. EQ shows a paid charge off from 2009. Heavy inquiries across the board except today TU is down to 8! was at 18 3 weeks ago. 

Jesus H Christ on a bike at (7) from Chase alone!  Smiley Surprised

Message 64 of 131
ddemari
Super Contributor

I know, its an obscene amount of cards. Seriously, I think I got in during a window with the banks where they were feeling super generous for a while. What happens down the road, happens down the road. I've experienced AA this year. At the moment it happened, I was mad, ranting and blah blah. But now, it is what it is. 

I am not revolving balances too much. I am not missig any payments. If I experience AA again, im sure I will have the same emotions but it is what it is lol. 

For me, I went years without being able to be approved for any cards except cap1 platinums. When the flood gates re-opened for me in 2014, I couldn't help myself. 

80% of those lenders wouldnt let me in before. I got uber excited and just kept rolling the dice. 

Message 65 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict and Ron1 what was the reason for opening so many accounts? Did each account have to do with your different spending needs?

I opened soo many accounts which is 8 and I did it mostly for the needs each account had its own good in different needs for myself like rewards for gas (bank of america) and the option to finance at walmart. Repairing my home with the home depot card. Care Credit to finance my teeth fix. and capital one quicksilver visa for everyday spending. I really applied for cards that I needed to improve and adjust my spending habits by watching my credit ratio instead of the ratio of my bank accounts. When I went on a app spree I tried not to do it for fun and I did it with prime cards approval. Before all This early Jan my scores were in the low 500s idk how I got it to high 600s with these good cards did it in 6 months
Message 66 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

1. Chase Sapphire Visa
  3. Chase Slate Visa 
  4. Chase Ritz Visa
  5. Chase United Visa 
  6. Chase Amazson Visa
  7. Chase Marriott Visa
  8. Cap1 QS Visa Platinum 
  12. 5/3 Cash rewards WMC
  14. Synch Ebates Visa
  15. Synch Ebay MC
  16. Synch Lowes 
  17. Synch Sams Club
  18. Synch BP Visa
  19. Synch American Eagle
  21. Macy's
  22. Bloomingdale's
  23. Barneys NYC
  24. Neiman Marcus 
  26. Comenity iComfort 
  27. ComenityHSN
  28. Comenity J.Crew 

Jesus H Christ on a bike at (7) from Chase alone!  Smiley Surprised

It's a lot. I had 8 at one point but have since backed down to my 5 keepers.

Message 67 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

I know, its an obscene amount of cards. Seriously, I think I got in during a window with the banks where they were feeling super generous for a while. What happens down the road, happens down the road. I've experienced AA this year. At the moment it happened, I was mad, ranting and blah blah. But now, it is what it is. 

I am not revolving balances too much. I am not missig any payments. If I experience AA again, im sure I will have the same emotions but it is what it is lol. 

For me, I went years without being able to be approved for any cards except cap1 platinums. When the flood gates re-opened for me in 2014, I couldn't help myself. 

80% of those lenders wouldnt let me in before. I got uber excited and just kept rolling the dice. 

I can totally relate to that!!

If you don't mind me asking, which lenders took AA with you, and did they decrease your limits or close your accounts?

Message 68 of 131
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, which lenders took AA with you, and did they decrease your limits or close your accounts?

Sure, Bank of America which I do my main banking and savings with closed my Cash Rewards Visa Signature because of too many new accounts even though I have a 7 year relationship with them. 

Barclays reduced my SallieMae card down to the balance several months ago. I called and explained it once, the rep. was RUDE, ignorant and got me AMPED up to call again and speak with a escalated manager. They reinstated my credit limit for me. 

Message 69 of 131
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

+100

I'm glad I'm not alone... Smiley Surprised

Once I got the email from USAA that I was 'preapproved' (with a set APR), I applied and was floored they gave me a $7K starting line (my only other major card at that time was my QS1, with a CL of $1720 at that time).  Since then, I've been restraining my self to only apply for the cards I can actually make good use of. 

The temptation - for me, anyway - is to go after cards I had 'back in the day' when times were better... in other words, to get back the old accounts I had before I had my financial meltdown.  The thing is, while at the time they were all useful (especially for making my AAoA bulletproof) they would be of little use now, other than just padding utilization.  I once had Sears, JCP, Macy's, etc... literally all the 'anchor' stores in the mall.  Now the only mall card I have is Belk, and when I shop at the other stores, I just use a QS or Discover (and earn cash back).  At some point I might get Macy's again (if/when I need a mattress, for the 20% new account discount) but as for the rest, I just don't need them.

I just recently got Discover and Sam's, both cards I had 'before', but I genuinely have a use for them this time, other than just having an extra piece of plastic in my wallet.  There are a couple of others I (briefly) thought about, since it would seem 'now is the time' so that they can all age together, but I'm not the 'big spender' I once was, partially because of having a smaller income, partially because of knowing better (LOL).  I'll likely just hang tight with the ones I have, and just work on getting the occasional CLI here and there.

Message 70 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.