Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Qual

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Pre-Qual

Same for me. October 12th will be my 6th statement and everytime I tried their pre-qual it said they could not match me till just last week it said I was pre-qual for their secured (which I already have one) I did apply for the QS1 and was denied Smiley Sad Now I have 9 inq with about 3 in the last 6 months.

I did recon with Capital One EO for the denial. I dont know the outcome yet but because I already took the hard pull I thought why not. Fingers crossed I get approved (I should know next week) and the HP wont be a waste. Whether it gets approved or not im not applying anymore for another 6 months- 1 year. Im done!!!

My mom on the other hand just filed BK7 last year and only has 1 car loan and a PS store card. I checked the site for her and she was pre-qualified for both the QS1 And Platinum. I applied for both for her and she was instantly approved for both for $300. From what I hear the pre-qual site is pretty accurate. I shouldnt of took the chance without getting a pre-qual. I am still hitting myself for it lol. Im really praying I get approved through Recon.
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know YMMV but like I said from what I read their pre-qual site is pretty accurate and when my mom got her pre-qual and approved she had scores very similar to yours. I think you have a very very good chance in my opinion.
Message 22 of 29
moneystinks
New Contributor

Well it took me awhile to make the decision to hit the submit button.  I was second guessing as it "processed my application" for what seemed like forever, but was in reality only about 30 seconds I'm sure.  Anyways, I was approved for the Classic Platinum for $2K and a QuicksilverOne for $1K....

I have low 600's credit score and a 2 1/2 year old charge off from Capital One (paid).

I know it's a hard pull, but my scores have stagnated, so I figure I needed to do something to help increase something.  Especially since I got a 14 point discount for paying my secured card with Wells Fargo and VS down to only 5% of the credit limit ... GRRRR you would think you would get rewarded for paying it right?

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get prequalified, just the suggestion of the unsecured Platinum. I have had the secured Platinum since April 2014 and I have an unpaid charge off with Capital One from 2012! Anywho, I was approved for the unsecured Platinum with a $300 limit. My scores are 600/590/571.

EDIT TO ADD: I applied just prior to starting gardening! That's it for me now until April 2015!

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure that is what dropped your score down 14 points?

Message 25 of 29
Ambular1304
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ambular1304 wrote:

It has given me the you might be interested in these cards, I applied for both and got both. YMMV

Were they decent CL's?

Well for me they were (just 300 each) but coming from a place where I just thought I was never ever ever going to have good credit and no one will dare give me a credit card to getting both cap1 cards are decent for me

Message 26 of 29
moneystinks
New Contributor

Yes I got an alert today and logged in and it said balanced decent decrease -14 😓. I don't understand that at all.
Message 27 of 29
moneystinks
New Contributor

Decent was supposed to be percent ... Sorry on phone.
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep it's weird I had a platinum and qs1 upgraded to qs they didn't up the limit though but from this forum I know now how to pay card off and get better scores I wooed for Barclays and no go yet hang on before u know it scores. Go up I hope ficos are real I'm paying monthly the thing I noticed I have way less inquiries on my fico than other fakos anyone know why please help
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.