Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuilding Log

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Rebuilding Log

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, definitely will do that---Credit One is really a terrible lender and I don't need them anymore...my thought was to keep them until 11 months since I've paid the fee....I run a charge every 30 to 60 days on it just to keep it reporting normally.

Yes keep it until its 11 months old, but there is no need to run any charges through, it will report whether used or not.

Message 11 of 30
readytoclimb
Established Member

Very encouraging how much you've improved in a few months!! Awesome!

My Wallet:
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $1200 | OpenSky Secured - $250 | Credit One Platinum - $800 & Credit One- $450 | Chase Freedom Unlm AU - $1800 | Capital One Platinum AU - $1500 | Capital One Silver - $400

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Been awhile since I've updated:

May Scores

EX 702

EQ 641

TU 689

Very excited to break the 700 barrier less than 6 months after starting!!!  

I've added a Cap 1 Quicksilver and AMEX Platinum to the collection as well!!!!

Ok, some points of advice---even with my 700 score on EX I was denied for both the Chase FU and the Chase Hyatt---why...I had too many recent requests for credit and it hasn't been long enough since my lates on my Cap 1 Platinum (now Quicksilver MC card).  Lesson learned----the REPORT matters much more than the SCORE!!!!  Work on eliminating/mitigating the baddies and don't worry as much about the score.

It has been a crazy journey, and i'm now in Mega gardening mode until the end of the year at least as I've added 6 cards and a car loan in the past 5 months.  I will be closing my Credit One and Open Sky cards before the end of the year.

Chase usually pulls both Experian and Transunion at least in my experience with the six new cards in the last year it is probably a combination of accounts and Transunion score. Chase's 5/24 rule would apply depending on when you applied to them.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Been awhile since I've updated:

May Scores

EX 702

EQ 641

TU 689

Very excited to break the 700 barrier less than 6 months after starting!!!  

I've added a Cap 1 Quicksilver and AMEX Platinum to the collection as well!!!!

Ok, some points of advice---even with my 700 score on EX I was denied for both the Chase FU and the Chase Hyatt---why...I had too many recent requests for credit and it hasn't been long enough since my lates on my Cap 1 Platinum (now Quicksilver MC card).  Lesson learned----the REPORT matters much more than the SCORE!!!!  Work on eliminating/mitigating the baddies and don't worry as much about the score.

It has been a crazy journey, and i'm now in Mega gardening mode until the end of the year at least as I've added 6 cards and a car loan in the past 5 months.  I will be closing my Credit One and Open Sky cards before the end of the year.

Chase usually pulls both Experian and Transunion at least in my experience with the six new cards in the last year it is probably a combination of accounts and Transunion score. Chase's 5/24 rule would apply depending on when you applied to them.

Just out of curiosity - does the Chase 5/24 rule count *all* new accounts - revolving, installment and mortgage, or just revolving accounts?

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase counts revolving accounts (both AU's as well as your own).

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, June update (BTW, I love the 1st of the month because it means my baddies are a month closer to being gone!

EX 691

TU 697

EQ 647

AAOA 6yrs 1 month

I keep saying I'm going to garden, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get the Chase Sapphire Preferred---I knew this was my last opportunity for 20 months to try, and I got it by closing my Southwest Premier card.  I'm very excited about this card as I believe it is one of the top travel cards, and a perfect pair with my AMEX platinum card.

My EX fell from last month because I'm an AU on a card with perfect payment history but terrible utilization; it should report much lower and pull my EX back over 700.

My goal for the next 90 days is to hopefully get my B of A unsecured and get that limit close to my CSP---Chase mentioned on recon calls that my limit with them is capped in part because they are my highest line---ironically, with my AMEX Platinum, my internal limit is over 10K, but of course that doesn't get reported!!!!

My goal for the next 12 months is to have my EX and TU over 720---that will be nice.

Message 16 of 30
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Woke up this morning and checked my Experian report, and wham up 29 points to 648!!!!! I have no idea why it bumped up, but I will take it!!!!!

Very nice!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Starting Scores in Dec 15:

EXP 488

TU   505

EQ   479

* Impressive Achievement ! ! !

March Score Update:

EXP 664

TU 610

EQ 591

I was approved for my first real prime card....Chase Southwest!!!  5K SL!!!!  Going to take real good care of this one!

Now, I'm focused on getting some old student loan data either corrected or deleted off my TU and EQ---those accounts are the difference between those bureaus and EXP----I'm lucky I live in a place where almost all CC issues pull EX.

I'm firmly in the garden for the next six months----I'm hoping to get all scores above 650 in the next 6 months!

Impressive Achievement
over barely Six fu
ll Months.

Great Focus!

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

July Update:

Experian 706

Transunion 702

Equifax 615

AAoA 5 years

My EQ took a nice hit with a student loan account reporting and they are the only ones to refuse to delete my 2 erroneous (really erroneous) medical collections as well as my paid liens.

In other news, the CLI's have been coming fast and furious and I now have a 10K CSP a 3K Quicksilver and a 3K BofA Cash Rewards card!  (They started at 5K, 1K, and 1K)

I plan on being in the garden till the end of November and then I will app for the Citi Prestige card (and probably dump my AMEX Platinum)

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.