Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success!!! Midland is gone for good.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!!! Midland is gone for good.

Greeting Everyone,

So besides many other things I am trying to resolve in this rebuilding, I had a very good success with Midland's removal by 623(a). When I first disputed them with the CRA, they sent me a letter asking for cooperation in their investigation. I did not respond to their offer. What I did is that I sent them a Direct Dispute CMRRR. While the Direct Dispute was still on its way, they mailed me yet another letter asking to settle for 40% of the debt. 

Three week after the Direct Dispute, I got a letter today stating that they had informed the CRA to delete their reporting. 

What a relief after all this.. but work is not finish yet. I have last two to go. While I am grateful to all the fantastice people out here for this success, I have a question to ask as well.

Should I be careful doing a Direct Dispute when a CA is reporting to only one or two CRAs? Can a Direct Dispute backfire as in resulting into a new reporting to three CRAs.

What I am asking is that consider one of my last two baddies is Southwest Credit System. When I disputed that with three CRAs in 2014, it was deleted from two but on Exp it came back as "Verified".Now that I want to send a Direct Dispute to Southwest to get them removed from Exp, could it trigger an all new reporting to others two as well?

I will appreciate any insight

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Success!!! Midland is gone for good.

Grats to your success with Midland Smiley Happy

Disputing whether at the CRA or Sec 623 level can have undesired consequences. In order for a CRA to reinsert a deleted derog there has to be compelling evidence to allow it back on and if they do it they must notify you within 5 days that they have done it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, it is always encourging to see the progress.

Reinsertion is what I was worried about. Knowing that they could not counter 623 (a),I am sure they dont have documenatation of that caliber that will compell CRA to reinsert. On a good side note, Experian was able to do early exclusion. The account was going to be removed in April 2015. It has been removed already. 

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're reporting on all three bureaus for me too, all inconsistent across each bureau and on Equifax they are showings as the original creditor, reporting 120 days late. I've sent them a direct dispute about a week ago, hoping to hear something soon. They were "verified" for me too when I disputed them on all three bureaus.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.