Regular Contributor
Mondavi

Confused =/

These are all FICO TU98 scores from here.  November 2012 Score 700-- 3 accounts over 60 days that were CO's they are paid and all over 6 years old. 1 public record--1 medical collection over 6 years old not paid--5 Inquiries

Util 3% Oldest account--- 14 years 10 months--AAoA 8 years. Last late payment 4 years ago.

January 4 2013 Score 693-- Same as above except I got the Public record removed. My Util went to 4% and my oldest account went to 15 years. So score went down when I got my public record removed.

February 1, 2013 Score 680-- All my negatives are the same as January. TU Deleted closed positive accounts for no reason. Now I have Oldest account as 11 years 8 months and AAoA 7 years. My Util went to 5% Last late payment 4 years 3 months ago.

So my scored went down 20 points because I got a public record off and TU decided they needed to delete five positive trade lines and the one that was my oldest account? That seems a bit extreme. Oh and these accounts were all closed around 2005-2006 so they should have had a few years before the 10 year period on removal of positive closed accounts.

TU claims my creditors removed all the accounts in the same week. Lol sure. They also said I do not have a split file. Maybe they are suppressing my accounts because of to big of a file? I only have 14 accounts well 9 now!!!! I also do not use the B*

I am going for a home loan in June of this year. So my score dropping is stressing me out.

Any ideas on what I can do or what you may see causing my score to drop.

Thanks for your time and help.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Confused =/

I suppose the drop could have been worse. 3+ years in overall history and 1 year off AAoA could have resulted in a significant drop. YMMV for everyone of course. I lost about 25 last year when my oldest TL by 4 yrs dropped. AAoA was unchanged.

On the 700 to 693, the change could be due to increased util. 1% isn't much but if an added TL has a non-$0 balance or higher util on another CC, then that can cause it. 7 isn't much though.

Regular Contributor
Mondavi

Re: Confused =/

I feel it is just ridicules that my score can change that much, especially since TU deemed it necessary to delete all of these positive trade lines 3-4 years earlier than the normal 10 year period. Then they talk to me as if I just got out of pre-school and I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to credit. These were the US representatives I am dealing with. I try not to lose it on the phone with them. Just when they tell me that five different creditors must have removed them all in the same week after 5-6 years of these trade lines being closed. I about explode.

Worst part of it is that they are not even required to report them if they choose. Though if you have a negative account that is closed and paid, hey that will stay on for 7 years +180 days!

Guess I am just getting fed up with how the three main CRA's work and how each one operates different. Then on top of that you have to deal with FICO.

Normally I would be fine with these accounts being removed. I would just let my AAoA regain after time. At this point 3-4 months away from trying for a new home will not be enough time for the points to come back. So I plan to fight TU on this one to have my accounts put back on. So I hope I can have a little luck on this.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+