cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU loan reporting

tag
gman

NFCU loan reporting

Does anyone have any idea how often NFCU reports on loans?

I have a 12 personal loan which I have been paying down. My last payment in June brought my balance down to 200. 

According to my latest report from June the last balance report was April. Does this sound right.

Also I was expecting a bump in scores after paying down so low ( I went from 3500 to 200 in a month) but have not seen any improvement.

any info would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU loan reporting

@gman wrote:

I have a 12 personal loan which I have been paying down. My last payment in June brought my balance down to 200. 

According to my latest report from June the last balance report was April. Does this sound right.

Also I was expecting a bump in scores after paying down so low ( I went from 3500 to 200 in a month) but have not seen any improvement.

They report once a month.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 4
victormarcel09
New Visitor

As mentioned earlier, there might be a delay between when you make a payment and when that payment is reflected on your credit report and subsequently affects your credit score.

Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@gman wrote:

They report a few days after the end of the month.

If it is your only open loan, and you went from > 10% of the loan amount to < 10% of the loan amount, you will receive a score bump once the new balance reports.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.