Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

Quick ? about lost/unused cc's

Hi all! A few months ago I cut up 3 of my cc's so I wouldnt use them. Now after reading alot of posts I learned that I am suppose to use them every few months to keep activity on account. My question is: When I call the cc company to give me a new card will I get a Hard or Soft pull? I don't want any hards right now so I wont get new cards if it'll cost me hards.
Senior Contributor
imducky

Re: Quick ? about lost/unused cc's

just call and say they were damaged and are no longer usable. they should replace w/o anymore questions, but some charge a replacement fee.
Valued Member
Kat

I had my JCP card replaced over a year ago, and like haulingthescoreup I now have two TL's on my CR.  This didn't seem to have impacted my score.  I read somewhere that the TL for the canceled card stays on your CR for 2 years. 
Established Member
TigersFan

Just tell the card issuer that you tried to make a purchase and the card's magnetic stripe wouldn't read. They will reissue a card with the same number and credit reporting on the account remains unchanged.
Ch. 7 BK filed Oct. 2005 (old law)

EQ=698, TU=715, EX=who cares?
Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

TigersFan wrote:
Just tell the card issuer that you tried to make a purchase and the card's magnetic stripe wouldn't read. They will reissue a card with the same number and credit reporting on the account remains unchanged.

yes tigersfan, i like that! Or I can always tell them the truth "I cut up your crappy cards because of the high interest" LOL!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}