Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score issues

I've been watching my scores for the last 2-3 years and I had it bad. I paid everything and now I don't have any debt or anything on my credit. The score is 646 . My question is how can I boost my score higher because for a couple of mounths it stays at this level. I keep hearing that there are lawyers and companies that jack up your credit but I just don't trust them. How can I get my score higher so I can buy a car ? I would appredciate any hints thank you.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score issues

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been watching my scores for the last 2-3 years and I had it bad. I paid everything and now I don't have any debt or anything on my credit. The score is 646 . My question is how can I boost my score higher because for a couple of months it stays at this level. I keep hearing that there are lawyers and companies that jack up your credit but I just don't trust them. How can I get my score higher so I can buy a car ? I would appreciate any hints thank you.

646 should be high enough to get an auto loan anywhere-
Do you have any open Credit accounts?
Do you have any charge-off or REPO's?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have credit cards that I manage to pay in full in time and never spend more than 35% of the limits. I went to Honda and they told me I need a cosigner, I felt bad...and that's why I don't know why my score doesen't go up every month or if it does, I'll go 3-4 points...Is there enything I can do to get it to like 680 or close? because I know that will get me a car loan . You think Capilal One would give me an auto loan? because I heard that they give a lot of auto loans...My main thing is ...what can I do or maybe some company to higher my score.. Thank you so much for your time.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my situation....I am now ready to get a handle on my credit issues, as I am in hopes of purchasing a condo next year. I have 3 collections total amount (1500) Bally's account which is past due of (478) Student loans which are deferred I have 1 credit card which is in good standings Due to me having paid my bills late numerously my score is in the low 500's... how long do you guys thing would take me to get to 620-660...realistically? I look forward to some sound advice.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try another dealer or credit union. I bought a 2007 Jeep Compass ($21,000) with scores of 535 w/$1000.00 down and 9% interest rate.

I explained my situation and it helped. I went to a VW dealer with my sister (in college) and they told her that if scores are at 600 above she can get a car with low down, otherwise more money. They also said with a score of 630 you can get it w/no problem. I suspect that dealership is trying to make to pay more in interest. Something is not right. I have several friends who bought BMW's and Lexus with scores of 604 and 2500 down. Check around.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.