cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wowzers! My score went up 66 points today. What did I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wowzers! My score went up 66 points today. What did I do?

I just got an alert that my Equifax score just went up 66 points.  I never have seen this.  What did I do?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Aahz
Established Contributor

Re: Wowzers! My score went up 66 points today. What did I do?

Typically a score jump that high is a result of the lsat negative tradeline on a report being deleted.

But without information about your credit reports no one hear can make even an educated guess as to what caused this jump.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,  The Alert said my Walmart account went up by $31...  

Message 3 of 6
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks,  The Alert said my Walmart account went up by $31...  

They report the recent activity.  It isn't necessarily the reason your score went up.  There are only certain events they report.  Thus, if a bad account fell off, that isn't one that they may report.  Although they say change in collection report.  A collection falling off may not be a change, because the status of the collection, paid or unpaid didn't change.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, I have only seen a increase of that magnitude when a derogatory tradline is removed or deleted from credit report.

I think I recall, an item (tradeline) in active dispute status may also be omitted from the calculation. Would need someone to verify that though.

Message 5 of 6
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

...an item (tradeline) in active dispute status may also be omitted from the calculation. Would need someone to verify that though.

Yes, I can verify that when a tradeline is under dispute it is removed from scoring.  So, a recent dispute could have the same effect as an actual deletion.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.