Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question for the scoring guru's

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

question for the scoring guru's

I have been disputing my credit report and getting things changed to IIB/zero balance.  However I just read on the BK forum that when no payment is reported to FICO monthly, the scoring counts it as a hit to your credit report, even though no payment should be made because the debt was discharged in the BK.  Is this making sense to anyone?  Is that why when Drive Financial changed my delinquent past due information from 4500 late to IIB/zero my score DROPPED 18 points?  So how would one counteract that in the scoring from FICO? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: question for the scoring guru's

granny031350 wrote:
I have been disputing my credit report and getting things changed to IIB/zero balance.  However I just read on the BK forum that when no payment is reported to FICO monthly, the scoring counts it as a hit to your credit report, even though no payment should be made because the debt was discharged in the BK.  Is this making sense to anyone?  Is that why when Drive Financial changed my delinquent past due information from 4500 late to IIB/zero my score DROPPED 18 points?  So how would one counteract that in the scoring from FICO? 

Depending on how long ago this was last reported, this could have been a case of recency

Message 2 of 3
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: question for the scoring guru's

Just received another score watch update. Score went up 16 points.  Only change noted on report was an update to my address.  However maybe my disputes are working.  However today in the mail I received a letter from Equifax claiming that they couldn't investigate my disputes because they couldn't find my credit file.  They have my name all backwards.  So I spent the afternoon writing a letter pointing out the disputes I have and also making copies of my DL and my SS card for them.  Go figure.  LOLOL  I am still sending it RRR to them on Wednesday.  LOL  Hopefully TU and Exp won't have the same issues. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.