Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Financial without Income Verification

tag
zepperhead89

Re: Toyota Financial without Income Verification

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

The Work Number is owned by Equifax and is used for income and identity verification. I believe they also offer payroll services iirc. Toyota pulls all 3 auto8 along with CoreLogic and uses the highest one. IV isn't a problem if you can be verified. Being self employed may require it.

By "being verified" do you mean having verified employment through The Work Number?

Message 11 of 15
zepperhead89

@BillSmiff wrote:

I am self employed (thus have various legal deductions that make my "take home" pay quite a bit lower than actual) and Toyota did not require POI when I took advantage of dealer incentives. It was the 3rd new car (Chrysler, Nissan) I have purchased in my life and neither dealership asked for any POI...I got the impression that the credit check was the end all be all for them...and me! 

Just my 2 cents to give you peace of mind. 

Thanks for the input, what where your Auto 8 scores at the time? 

Message 12 of 15
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

When I bought my Highlander he told me my Equifax was the highest at 695. According to my Experian App 695 is what it said my Equifax Fico 8 was. It's possible my Fico8 and Auto 8 scores are the same but not likely. 
The dealer Hard Pulled all 3 bureau's and only TFS pulled Equifax. I believe the finance director told them to use Equifax. 
We haven't mentioned it, I suppose the dollar amount financed may play a role. I financed $44k (after putting $3k down) and they didn't ask. Maybe on something more expensive they may or may not. 
I'd just go for it and seem like-warm during the entire deal and if you need to go home to get POI then change your mind. 

Message 13 of 15
zepperhead89

@TattnallTrio wrote:

When I bought my Highlander he told me my Equifax was the highest at 695. According to my Experian App 695 is what it said my Equifax Fico 8 was. It's possible my Fico8 and Auto 8 scores are the same but not likely. 
The dealer Hard Pulled all 3 bureau's and only TFS pulled Equifax. I believe the finance director told them to use Equifax. 
We haven't mentioned it, I suppose the dollar amount financed may play a role. I financed $44k (after putting $3k down) and they didn't ask. Maybe on something more expensive they may or may not. 
I'd just go for it and seem like-warm during the entire deal and if you need to go home to get POI then change your mind. 

This certainly gives me a bit more confidence. I will be financing 36k after deposit. I do actually work part-time as a W2 employee but that hardly shows my entire income, just a fraction of it. Maybe if they can verify employment, plus proof of regular deposits from self employment I'll be in the clear. Here's hoping

Message 14 of 15
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Being self employed has not had an effect in being asked for POI for me. I haven't been asked for POI since my scores were in the 500's 12-15 years ago. Even with a BK I haven't been asked. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.