Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Months Post DC Update/ New Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 Months Post DC Update/ New Approvals

Good morning all! This forum has been a blessing and has provided me both guidance and motivation after my discharge.

On 1 Nov I was expecting an auto CLI on the Unsecured C1 platinum as I was aware that it was in the step program. I was also on the forums that day and came across a C1 link that allowed you to see if any of my already issued cards were eligible for PC. I followed the link and received a pop up that stated my unsecured platinum card was eligible for PC to QS with no annual fee. I accepted it and was told I was approved and could start receiving rewards immediately with my current card until my new card arrived. The next day on 2 NOV I received my CLI to $500.

On 8 Nov I applied for both Barclay Apple Rewards and Kohl’s and was approved for both.

Kohl’s was an instant $300 approval (did not recon) and Barclay sent me an email stating that they needed 10 days to review my application, however there was a number provided and I called. The number was to their customer security department and after a few verification questions I was approved for $2500.

I now plan to stay in the garden until the one year anniversary of my discharge date 1 March 2019, at which time I plan to apply for the Amazon credit card.

I also pray that my capital one secured card unsecures at the 11 month/1 year mark.

Here is a quick look at my rebuild over the last 8 months:

Cap 1 (secured): March $200/ Aug $500
Cap 1 Plat: May $300/ 1 Nov $500 (PC to Quicksilver)
Target: July $500
Star Card: Aug $4,075
Kohl’s: Nov $300
Barclay Apple: Nov $2500
4 REPLIES 4
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: 8 Months Post DC Update/ New Approvals

Great work thus far and keep it up!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot. I’m trying to fully establish myself post BK and soon hope to receive higher limits.
Message 3 of 5
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

What was your TU score for barclays? I have too many new accounts to apply right now, but they are on my list for sometime next year!

Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU was 633 when I applied.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.