Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Upgrade Program thru Citizens a Joke

tag
getridofccdebt
New Contributor

Apple Upgrade Program thru Citizens a Joke

Hey guys so I am 2 years 5 months post discharge. Current scores are 683 701 687. Have 4 major cards that I PIF minus $40 on one. I went to buy the new iphone and got denied from the upgrade program thru Citizens. Mind you I have a $4500 credit limit on my Apple card. I called Citizens and they tell me the fact a bankruptcy is on my credit report regardless of how long ago desqualifies me from even being considered. They wont recon nothing. SO IF YOU ARE THINKING OF APPLYING TO THE UPGRAE PROGRAM WITH A BK ON YOUR REPORT DON'T BOTHER SAVE THE HARD PULL!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Upgrade Program thru Citizens a Joke

Sorry about that. Before you make any moves research on here and read read read. I didnt go 14 and 1 with luck on approvals. Did my studying on cards that I could get and when. The one denial was AMEX due to too many recently open checking accounts. Whoa. 1 with NFCU. Smiley Mad I found a thread that I actually was posting in with the same scenario with the OP. Back in 2019.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/iPhone-Upgrade-Program-thru-Citizens-Bank/td-p/5787486 

Message 2 of 3
getridofccdebt
New Contributor

Re: Apple Upgrade Program thru Citizens a Joke

I should have known to come here before and gain the knowledge but I didnt even think twice as my rebuild is going so well and Im not apping for stuff everywhere. Crazy to me Apple uses them still. Makes no sense. My guess is they are tied into some sort of contract?

I ended up buying it with my Apple card got the 2 or 3% cash back but I am not in the 12 month upgrde program. 

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sorry about that. Before you make any moves research on here and read read read. I didnt go 14 and 1 with luck on approvals. Did my studying on cards that I could get and when. The one denial was AMEX due to too many recently open checking accounts. Whoa. 1 with NFCU. Smiley Mad I found a thread that I actually was posting in with the same scenario with the OP. Back in 2019.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/iPhone-Upgrade-Program-thru-Citizens-Bank/td-p/5787486 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.