Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undocumented income in CH7

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Undocumented income in CH7

So, when you file, and you eventually go to your 341 hearing, you are specially asked under oath with the judge there if there's any other income, that hasn't been reported, any monies that have transferred to family or other accounts, any other items of value like tractors, tools, jewlery, etc that you or someone else is keeping for you, etc.... if you answer no, then you're lying in a federal court, and if its found out later, then your case will be dismissed, and there could be fines and/or jail time. Its not worth it. So just report it and amend your taxes to show it.
Message 11 of 13
GeorgieBush

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

@GeorgieBush wrote:

Any leads on finding a CPA who is also BK attorney? I don't know where to start. Seems like anyone in the US would work

Where do you live? You should be able to search your state bar associations website. 

WA State Bar Association website has no info to indicate whether a lawyer is CPA

Message 12 of 13
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

@GeorgieBush wrote:

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

@GeorgieBush wrote:

Any leads on finding a CPA who is also BK attorney? I don't know where to start. Seems like anyone in the US would work

Where do you live? You should be able to search your state bar associations website. 

WA State Bar Association website has no info to indicate whether a lawyer is CPA

Ok. So you will want to Google search "dually-licensed attorney CPA (YOUR CITY/COUNTY)". 

You should get a list and then youll want to get a consult with a few of them. 

Let me know if you need any specific help. You can DM me. 

Disclaimer to those that read this later:

*** I am unable to give professional legal or financial advice. I am not an attorney nor a CPA. Im just good at finding resources lol ***

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.