Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received my discharge!!!

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: received my discharge!!!

Congratulations on your success. Good luck on your credit journey.
Message 11 of 21
Credit_Master
Regular Contributor

@rebuilding88 wrote:

Just checked Pacer and my discharged was signed 4/12!!!  Yippie, now to start rebuilding. Everything on my reports was either taken off or shows closed IIB.

I have 2 installment loans and thats all.  

Congratulations! Mine was signed on the same day. We are bankruptcy twins. Good luck with the rebuild and if you have any questions on how I have preplanned mine out please feel free to ask.

Current Cards

Goal Cards

Closed Cards

Total CL $84,850
Message 12 of 21
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Congratulations to all who've recently gotten the coveted Discharge!

The next milestone is when that pesky "Public Record" falls off the credit reports in either 2-years (Chapter 13) or 10-years (Chapter 7).  I'm right there with y'all in waiting for that final shoe to drop, can't wait for February 2022 when my bankruptcy finally disappears from my reports.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 13 of 21
rebuilding88
New Contributor

How did you pre-plan yours?

Message 14 of 21
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@rebuilding88 wrote:

How did you pre-plan yours?

To whom are you responding?

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your discharge! Was there a delay in obtaining your discharge due to covid?

Message 16 of 21
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your discharge! Was there a delay in obtaining your discharge due to covid?

My discharge was filed one month after my final Chapter 13 payment, however, it was nearly 4 months before the case was closed; my attorney told me the delay was due to COVID.

Chapter 13:

Message 17 of 21
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 18 of 21
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Just made my last BK 13 payment on June 2021 after (5 LONG yrs).  Now the waiting for discharge is causing more stress than the long payment history through bankruptcy.  Motion was filed on July 7th and told I have to wait until all (32 creditors) clear their checks before I parade my discharge......ugggh!    But I do agree with you, i'm glad it's now here and looking forward to the drop in 2yrs from all CRAs. 

Message 19 of 21
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

Just made my last BK 13 payment on June 2021 after (5 LONG yrs).  Now the waiting for discharge is causing more stress than the long payment history through bankruptcy.  Motion was filed on July 7th and told I have to wait until all (32 creditors) clear their checks before I parade my discharge......ugggh!    But I do agree with you, i'm glad it's now here and looking forward to the drop in 2yrs from all CRAs. 

Congratulations!  I was where you are in March 2020, I know what you're going through well.  Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Chapter 13:

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.