Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Corporate Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Corporate Card

My company wants me to put my name on an AMEX corporate card. I actually don't want to do this as my credit is not good (640) and have been slowly trying to raise it. I'm assuming that they will do a credit check so I'm wondering what are the chances I get declined? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Corporate Card

Welcome to the forums.  Amex will often have loosened underwriting standards for employees being issued corporate cards.  As long as you have not had a previous bad relationship with American Express you are likely okay, but do you happen to specifically know your Experian FICO 8 score?  That is the one they will use.  Discover provides it free (even for those without Discover cards) at creditscorecard.com

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looked it up and it's actually 610 which concerns me even more.

Message 3 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

AMEX has a number of different permutations of agreements that can negotiated for corporate accounts.  That includes whether or not your employer assumes sole responsibility or if there is shared responsbility between yourself and your employer for payment of charges,  and can also outline what your employers' contingencies are if you would normally be considered a poor credit risk.   Having a FICO score of 610 is NOT an blanket disqualifier from AMEX with regard to being issued a corporate card and I have known people who had multiple serious derogs within the previous 24 months be issued corporate green cards. 

The person you want to be talking to directly is your employer's designated administrator of the AMEX corporate account.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 5
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Not for nothing... The stronger your company is, the better your chances are. They are only judging you partially.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.