Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Business Card Feb 18!!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GM Business Card Feb 18!!!!

I saw in the approval thread the new GM card backed by Goldman Sachs and upon poking around the website, I see they are going to launch a business card and family card Feb 18th!!

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: GM Business Card Feb 18!!!!

@Creditaddict wrote:

I saw in the approval thread the new GM card backed by Goldman Sachs and upon poking around the website, I see they are going to launch a business card and family card Feb 18th!!

Two things.

Since Marcus hasn't offered a business card before to my knowledge it will be important to confirm if it will report strictly to business and not personal.

That is paramount.

And hopefully they use the soft pull pre-approved like the personal version.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for posting OP.

I will be following this for any updates.

#HaveInterestSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 36
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yes. I saw that. I am going to wait till June/July before I apply for their business card. Hopefully in the mean time they will work out all the bugs and kinks in their system.  I applied for their personal card and they approved me for it. I have decided to pass it for now and wait and apply for their business card. I wonder if they would be as generous with their cli's GM card like they are on Apple Card. 

Message 4 of 36
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

New GM Business Card - Marcus by Goldman Sachs

I read online tonight that that there will be a new GM Business MasterCard (Marcus by Goldman Sachs) that will be coming available on February 18th.  The personal version of this card is already available but I would be more interested in the business card, if I do decide to apply.  I doubt that prequalification would be available for the business card but it is available for the personal card.  It looks as though until recently, it was issued by Capital One.

I haven’t been able to find anything on the forum about this, so I thought I would post this and see if anyone has any thoughts about this new business card or has heard anything more about the card or its upcoming debut.

Thank you,

RealEstateGuy

Message 5 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New GM Business Card - Marcus by Goldman Sachs

The one thing that is unknown at this time is whether the new GM business version will report to personal CRAs. In the past, Capital One biz CCs reported to personal CRs.  What is also unknown is whether the same login will apply for those customers who have the personal version and decide to also obtain the business version of the card 🤷‍♂️

Message 6 of 36
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: New GM Business Card - Marcus by Goldman Sachs

@FinStar wrote:

The one thing that is unknown at this time is whether the new GM business version will report to personal CRAs. In the past, Capital One biz CCs reported to personal CRs.  What is also unknown is whether the same login will apply for those customers who have the personal version and decide to also obtain the business version of the card 🤷‍♂️

That is very good question!

Now you have me wondering since Marcus is new to the credit card arena other than the Apple Card.

I would only apply for the business Marcus/GM card if it does NOT report to personal CRAs....

Message 7 of 36
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

So I just ran across this FAQ application requirements on the Business GM card:

• The legal name of the business, related address and phone number
  • Annual business revenue
  • Business structure e.g., sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC
  • Federal Tax ID (sole proprietorships can provide a Social Security if this is not available). If there are others who owns 25% or more please have their information available to share in the application

Does this mean the Marcus GM Business card can/will use EIN only (No PG) ?

Or will they treat this business product as a PG card ?

Again, the question of whether they report to your personal credit is another question to wait for in 2 weeks......

Message 8 of 36
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for that update!  Who will be first to test it for us?

Message 9 of 36
AceTen
Regular Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Thanks for that update!  Who will be first to test it for us?

Not it! Smiley Very Happy But thanks for the post! I will be rooting for my more courageous business forum friends.

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.