Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Go Biz Visa *APPROVED*

tag
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Navy Go Biz Visa *APPROVED*

After having read the reviews about the Navy business side being slow and difficult to get anywhere with. Well I can confirm they are in no hurry to get a card application processed. I applied Dec 10,2021 I just received the approval email yesterday. They approved me for 7K

I just opened Biz checking and savings with them few days before the app for the card. 

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Go Biz Visa *APPROVED*

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

After having read the reviews about the Navy business side being slow and difficult to get anywhere with. Well I can confirm they are in no hurry to get a card application processed. I applied Dec 10,2021 I just received the approval email yesterday. They approved me for 7K

I just opened Biz checking and savings with them few days before the app for the card. 

Congratulations. I have been banking with Navy Biz for over a decade.

I do agree with the assessment of it's service on the Biz end....it is not debatable.

But for a very small business like mine it is entirely serviceable for a CC and everyday checking.

I have hopes someday they will make an effort to change and modernize this division but until then I will use alternative sources for financing and BLOC.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing the experience and CONGRATS on your approval!!

Message 3 of 10
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

I do agree with the assessment of it's service on the Biz end....it is not debatable.

But for a very small business like mine it is entirely serviceable for a CC and everyday checking.

I have hopes someday they will make an effort to change and modernize this division but until then I will use alternative sources for financing and BLOC.

I am debating on whether or not to keep US Bank as my main Biz bank or move it all to Navy. really depends on how they handle my direct deposits. if they are quick to clear them then USB may be the shortest banking relation I ever had. too many fee's already,worse than 53 bank

Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Navy Approval.

Having been in biz most of my life,

My recommended approach is to keep US bank as a backup,

just in case something with Navy goes SOUTH!

I actually use Charles Schwab for my oldest LLC main acct. (no need to deposit cash.)

Use Chase and US Bank, if I need to deposit cash.

"One is none - Two is one" 

Three can account for twoSmiley Happy

MHO ..Just sayin.

Message 5 of 10
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congratulations on your Navy Approval.

Having been in biz most of my life,

My recommended approach is to keep US bank as a backup,

just in case something with Navy goes SOUTH!

I actually use Charles Schwab for my oldest LLC main acct. (no need to deposit cash.)

Use Chase and US Bank, if I need to deposit cash.

"One is none - Two is one" 

Three can account for twoSmiley Happy

MHO ..Just sayin.

@M_Smart007 agree with the view, I had thoughts of AOD Biz account but I think those account types are geo fenced to Bama only. I dont have need of cash deposit as everything for me is direct deposit.  

Message 6 of 10
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the approval.  I'll be completing my biz bank account app with them today to eventually apply for this card. 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 7 of 10
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

@Conceptual23 wrote:

Congratulations on the approval.  I'll be completing my biz bank account app with them today to eventually apply for The buiness

membership part is easy and fairly quick.....the card app,not so much.  good luck

Message 8 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval, but I think we can all agree that 1 month to open a CC account with a $7K limit is absurdly slow.  Smiley Happy

I have a NFCU biz checking / savings and I've experienced no major issues.   Additionally both accounts have had no fees at all for the last two years, so they're basically free.  

Incoming ACH transactions generally clear within 1 day, outgoing ACH 1-2 days depending on the time of day the transaction is initiated. 

Outgoing ACH is capped at $5K for me, which has been inconvenient but I've just broken into multiple transactions to get around this. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@sugarcreek67 wrote:

I am debating on whether or not to keep US Bank as my main Biz bank or move it all to Navy. really depends on how they handle my direct deposits. if they are quick to clear them then USB may be the shortest banking relation I ever had. too many fee's already,worse than 53 bank

I strongly advise you NOT to rely entirely on NFCU for your business banking. Their business banking department is terrible to deal with, the polar opposite of their excellent consumer banking.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.