Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag/@mention implementation

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Beta Tag/@mention implementation

+1+1+1+1+1
Dang it took me less than half the time to write this paragraph than writing those pesky +1s on my iPhone!! Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 31 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:
@CreditCuriosity wrote:
@longtimelurker wrote:
@UncleB wrote:

(Note that kudos have no effect on rank at all.)

So, for those that need this, just reply to EVERY post with "+1" and you will get there in no time!   (+1 is the shortest I could think of that is vaguely meaningful)

Doesn't work that way either ... Lihtium ranking is the ultimate black box Smiley Tongue, not to mention that would get you in trouble if we saw +1's all across the forum from a particular member or members

@UncleB wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

(Note that kudos have no effect on rank at all.)

So, for those that need this, just reply to EVERY post with "+1" and you will get there in no time!   (+1 is the shortest I could think of that is vaguely meaningful)

Doesn't work that way either ... Lihtium ranking is the ultimate black box Smiley Tongue, not to be mention that would get you in trouble if we saw +1's all across the forum from a particular member or members

Uh, yeah... if we see a bunch of +1s down someone's post history that will be dealt with... quickly and efficiently. Smiley Happy

(And for anybody still tempted, it probably wouldn't work, anyway.)

+1

I'm only teasin' aaa blow kiss.gif Couldn't resist.. 

Love your people when you post ... they are totally awesome (note this has nothing to do with the thread were in) Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 56
redpat
Senior Contributor

Hash tag, @, facebook (or myface as Belichick puts it), texting, email, does anyone pickup the phone and talk anymore........

+1 trillion and call me @......8832

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 33 of 56
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Can I vote to have the rank lowered to Valued Contributer ?

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 34 of 56
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Can I vote to have the rank lowered to Valued Contributer ?

Your opinion will certainly be considered as stated feedback is welcome.. Although at this stage we are seeing how it works for Super and above and take it one step at a time.  The next batch if all goes well would be senior and possibly other ones.  Who knows you might be senior before we know the results of the test of Super and above ranks.  

Message 35 of 56
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Many many thank yous!  This will help with flagging long lost Uncles and uber wealthy jet setters when attention is needed in certain threads...

That's what this is for...

marriottsignal.jpg

F8A8CEB7-2F04-4C08-AFF6-3533DF173043.jpeg

You rang?

Smiley LOL This made me giggle!  Thanks @Brian_Earl_Spilner and @K-in-Boston, I needed that this afternoon!

Message 36 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

So tagging the user would be needed and not tagging, lets say, @supercontributor. Only one, or the listed person(s), would get the alert and not the entire group within the rank?

Surprised this wasn't rolled out earlier...or maybe it just wasn't available on the platform. Hope it works out well for those in the group!

Message 37 of 56
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous tagging the user would be needed and not tagging, lets say, @supercontributor. Only one, or the listed person(s), would get the alert and not the entire group within the rank?

Surprised this wasn't rolled out earlier...or maybe it just wasn't available on the platform. Hope it works out well for those in the group!

@Anonymous problem with making it more widely available is it would most certainly be abused. I don't want a forum that ends up looking like a Facebook or Instagram post with 172 @ posts. In addition, everytime someone @ someone else, it would bump the thread which could cause threads to get prematurely buried or keep things at the top which should get buried. I think rolling it out in test waves and starting at the top levels and working their way down is the way to go. When it starts to get abused, roll it back.

Message 38 of 56
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous tagging the user would be needed and not tagging, lets say, @supercontributor. Only one, or the listed person(s), would get the alert and not the entire group within the rank?

@Anonymous@, only the person you're @ mentioning will receive the alert, (if they're signed for emails).  Noone else in the thread, or in the "rank" will get the alert. Just the person you're are @mentioning. 

Message 39 of 56
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous problem with making it more widely available is it would most certainly be abused. I don't want a forum that ends up looking like a Facebook or Instagram post with 172 @ posts. In addition, everytime someone @ someone else, it would bump the thread which could cause threads to get prematurely buried or keep things at the top which should get buried. I think rolling it out in test waves and starting at the top levels and working their way down is the way to go. When it starts to get abused, roll it back.

@Brian_Earl_Spilner@, the only time you would see an @mention, would be if a poster needed to bring attention to a certain person for whatever reason, lets say..someone responded to a particular question in a thread, they would @mention the person so they would get an email alert so they could view what was said. 

@Anonymous all honesty, we dont have that many "super" users that are active on the forums, and only a handful of "mega",  "epic" and one or two "legendary". The CL's and mods of course can @mention. Those would be the only people that can currently do this.  So, I dont think it's going to be a real issue. 

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.