Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

When I use the link provided above by @simplynoir, I get the following:

Unavailable for Your Account

You are not eligible to request a Credit Limit increase on this account because you recently opened an account with us. Please try again at a later date.

The account (BCP) was opened on October 11 so I am definitely past 61 days.

Any thoughts? Should I call?

Message 41 of 185
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@NYC_Fella wrote:

When I use the link provided above by @simplynoir, I get the following:

Unavailable for Your Account

You are not eligible to request a Credit Limit increase on this account because you recently opened an account with us. Please try again at a later date.

The account (BCP) was opened on October 11 so I am definitely past 61 days.

Any thoughts? Should I call?

@NYC_Fella, have you had any other recent AMEX cards you requested an increase for? Barring that I would call and see what is goig on if the message is still the same. Maybe customer service has some insight into what's going on

Message 42 of 185
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

My DH is getting the same message about recently opening an account. He opened his Delta Skymiles card back in September, so we were expecting the 61 day CLI or at least a chance to ask. But they are saying the same thing. This is his only card with them, so maybe they have changed the policy.

Message 43 of 185
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Let's hope a member can call in and find out. I would but I got a cli less than 6 months ago.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 44 of 185
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

My DH is getting the same message about recently opening an account. He opened his Delta Skymiles card back in September, so we were expecting the 61 day CLI or at least a chance to ask. But they are saying the same thing. This is his only card with them, so maybe they have changed the policy.

It's my only Amex card as well. I haven't had a chance to call in and clarify yet. Maybe your DH can take one for the team and call! 😁

Message 45 of 185
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

OK, so I called customer service. The rep told me I should be able to apply for a CLI after 60 days and that she would do it for me manually. She also got rejected with the same reason ("... because you have recently opened an account with us"). Then she went off to consult with someone and came back and said I would need to wait 6 months before applying for a CLI or even another Amex product. I wonder it it's account-specific because I do have a 5-year-old BK on my record. But OTOH they did give me a $15K SL 2 months ago despite that.

So basically, it's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma ...

Message 46 of 185
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

@NYC_Fella wrote:

OK, so I called customer service. The rep told me I should be able to apply for a CLI after 60 days and that she would do it for me manually. She also got rejected with the same reason ("... because you have recently opened an account with us"). Then she went off to consult with someone and came back and said I would need to wait 6 months before applying for a CLI or even another Amex product. I wonder it it's account-specific because I do have a 5-year-old BK on my record. But OTOH they did give me a $15K SL 2 months ago despite that.

So basically, it's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma ...

First thank you for calling in and attempting a CLI. This is very worrisom first that the backdoor link isn't working, and the CSR got a "recently opened" message when she manually attempted the app.  We'll have to keep a close eye on this one.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 47 of 185
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

So, I believe it's there but the way I had to get to it was a work around. Pretty sure this is a website issue because the link that is usually there is not but it is for the old version of their website which I saved. Here is a direct link to it; make sure you have the card you want or change it. I have it in my Gold card as default and it originally said I wasn't eligible til I changed it to BCE when testing it. This is all on mobile so no clue how it differs from website on desktop

https://global.americanexpress.com/lending/line-increase/request?request_type=authreg_LineOfCredit&F...

Screenshot_20211102-152415_Chrome.jpg

@simplynoir Thank you for posting this link! MyFICOforums for the WIN ALWAYS 😂

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 48 of 185
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

A quick update: they finally let me DH request a CLI. His account was opened in 09/21, so I guess they made him wait more than 90 days, but less than 120. It was denied, but at least he was able to request it.

I was able to submit a request on my Amazon Business Prime card after it kept saying I recently requested an increase. I'm not sure about the timeline on this one, but if I had to take a guess, it's probably 90 days since I last asked. They said no again, with a 698 EX8. I haven't yet been able to ask on my Delta Reserve.

Message 49 of 185
SA0012
New Contributor

I tried using the suggested approach and I got a generic decline message with the following message in the notice

Your recent spending on the account is low in relation to your current credit limit.

Does this mean I'm not eligible for any CLIs in future?
Message 50 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.