cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Can't request an American express credit limit increase?

It's there, you just have to find it. Don't remember where, but I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to link to it. Keep in mind that a $1000 starting limit means you barely got in so they probably won't budge on it for a few years.

Message 61 of 185
Yankee85
Established Member

I posted about the same a while back. Here is the link for the CLI another member shared with me:

https://global.americanexpress.com/lending/line-increase/request?request_type=authreg_LineOfCredit&F...

@thatguycx wrote:

By this question, I mean I literally don't see this option in my online account. I was gonna request some sort of CLI on my BCE that has a little $1K limit on it currently and I've had it for almost a year now. Is there something I'm missing or is this AMEX trying to tell me something? Because I had the option to do it online when I got it but either they moved it somewhere or got rid of it. I dont't see the option to request it online.

Message 62 of 185
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I decided to use a link (for science) and after entering all info, Amex asked for either last three consecutive bank statements or access to checking account. 

I uploaded statements and now we wait. 

Twas a pickle deciding which checking to use, my income is severely under reported, so I couldn't decide if I should go with Chase which accurately shows incoming deposits larger than stated, or US Bank which is more in line with what I put down as income.

Decided to go with Chase, US Bank is like roach motel...deposits check in, never check out. They are literally one page 😐 

This is my second request in the two years I've had the card. 

Message 63 of 185
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

I decided to use a link (for science) and after entering all info, Amex asked for either last three consecutive bank statements or access to checking account. 

Twas a pickle deciding which checking to use, my income is severely under reported, so I couldn't decide if I should go with Chase which accurately shows incoming deposits larger than stated, or US Bank which is more in line with what I put down as income.

Decided to go with Chase, US Bank is like roach motel...deposits check in, never check out. They are literally one page 😐 

So, is this the first time they've asked you for docs or access to deposit accounts in connection with a CLI?  

Hopefully, you ummmmm...didn't send them the statement that has our....ummmm...thingies we can't talk about here 😬 

Message 64 of 185
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

So, is this the first time they've asked you for docs or access to deposit accounts in connection with a CLI?  

Hopefully, you ummmmm...didn't send them the statement that has our....ummmm...thingies we can't talk about here 😬 

Yes, first time, but I've only asked once before. I've had couple of auto CLIs 

Umm, I was in a hurry. If they ask, I'll give them gory details, they will give up before I  do. 

Message 65 of 185
Luxeedee
New Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

OMG that was a blast from the past! Smiley Very Happy  Black flag!

Anywho, thanks, guys for sharing this. Today was CLI day for me and I could not find the button to save my life!. I just applied and will get a response later. Not an insta denial so my fingers are crossed.

ETA: Ruh roh, I got denied. Well, back to the garden I go.

Message 66 of 185
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Luxeedee wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Anywho, thanks, guys for sharing this. Today was CLI day for me and I could not find the button to save my life!. I just applied and will get a response later. Not an insta denial so my fingers are crossed.

Bummer @Luxeedee 😕

Can you share the reason(s) they provided? Have you been using the card?

Message 67 of 185
Luxeedee
New Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Luxeedee wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Bummer @Luxeedee 😕

I have used the card and left more of a balance on it. At first I was paying it off in full. Now I have over 50% usage. They don't like that. So now I will go back to paying it off in full. 

Message 68 of 185
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Luxeedee wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Luxeedee wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Bummer @Luxeedee 😕

I have used the card and left more of a balance on it. At first I was paying it off in full. Now I have over 50% usage. They don't like that. So now I will go back to paying it off in full. 

Gotcha.

So, did they say the reasons for denial were credit-related or more specifically to how you've used your AmEx CC?

Message 69 of 185
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Did not have link in profile, used link in second post, AMEX Bonvoy Brilliant CLI from 7.5k to 15k approved.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 70 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.