Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Request - 7 To 10 Day Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI Request - 7 To 10 Day Message

Applied for a CLI on Amex (about two weeks past 61 days). Got the 7 - 10 day message. I am assuming it's a denial.  Current limit $2000, requested $4000 increase. ) 0 balance on Amex.  Scores 730 to 740 across all three bureaus. No collections. Several new accounts (with higher limits). 6 inquiries on EX and EQ. 5 on TU. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX CLI Request - 7 To 10 Day Message

Unfortunately, that message typically yields a denial OP.
Message 2 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Unfortunately usually that means a denial, their CLIs are normally instantSmiley Sad
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Unfortunately, that message typically yields a denial OP.

My thoughts exactly. I will continue to use it sparingly and put most of my spend on one of my cards with a higher limit. 

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:
Unfortunately usually that means a denial, their CLIs are normally instantSmiley Sad

I figured as much. I read some posts on the board that mention Amex cards with lower limits are harder to get increases on. Fortunately I have other cards with higher limits that I can use if necessary. Kind of thought they would counter but they didn't.

Message 5 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It would be great to learn what reasons they provide on the letter OP. This way, if there's an opportunity to improve in certain areas, there's that potential to grow the card.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit limit increase approvals from Amex after just 61 days are not as common as one might assume from reading these forums. 

Message 7 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I agree with cards ranging from 500-2000 usually don't have frequent success at the 61 day mark
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 21
Penjamin_Fedington
Valued Member

Don't lose hope treeshaker.  I was denied a CLI from amex, requested my 2000 limit to 6000 after 61 days.  I asked again 91 days after that denial and was instantly approved.  

Message 9 of 21
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

As others have said, Amex approvals are usually instant so this may be a denial. Don’t worry—you’ll get one eventually!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.