AMEX - Display CLI Link Workaround

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX - Display CLI Link Workaround

@Stealth-1 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Wow. It worked for me!

Too bad I don't need a credit limit increase.

How on earth did you ever figure that out?

It was by sheer chance. I have 2 personal revolving AMEX cards (BCP and Blue) and no longer saw the CLI link. I also have 2 AMEX business charge cards (Plum and Platinum) and I frequently check spending power on them before making big purchases.

My AMEX login defaults to show my BCP card first. Last night I wanted to check spending power on a business card but inadvertently did so while under the BCP card. Then I noticed the CLI link suddenly appeared again after being gone for years. Logged out and back into the BCP card and noticed the CLI link was missing again. Clicked check spending power and just like magic the CLI link showed up again. That’s when I confirmed clicking the check spending power link always triggers the CLI link to appear. This also seems to indicate it's more likely a site glitch (possibly by design to make a CLI harder to request) and not AMEX excluding some of us from requesting credit limit increases, lol.

A true scientist Smiley Happy  I'm impressed. Me I would never have noticed, or followed through with testing as you did Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 23
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

A true scientist Smiley Happy  I'm impressed. Me I would never have noticed, or followed through with testing as you did Smiley Happy

Thanks. I was curious and didn't mind taking a few minutes to test it out. I've received valuable info from this forum over the years. Just glad to post something that might help someone for when it's time to do an AMEX CLI. Maybe next time I'll type 300K for spending power to get a 300K CLI! Just kidding.

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 12 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Stealth-1 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Thanks. I was curious and didn't mind taking a few minutes to test it out. I've received valuable info from this forum over the years. Just glad to post something that might help someone for when it's time to do an AMEX CLI. Maybe next time I'll type 300K for spending power to get a 300K CLI! Just kidding.

Well if that works, please do be sure to get back to us and let us know Smiley Happy 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 23
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Oh yeah, I've been doing it that way since late last year. I also believe it's been posted before on here as well. I thought folks knew.

Message 14 of 23
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

Oh yeah, I've been doing it that way since late last year. I also believe it's been posted before on here as well. I thought folks knew.

I brought this up in my first post. Everyone knew about going to the AMEX CLI link directly via a saved URL.

However, I haven't seen any threads anywhere on how to make the actual 'Request Credit Limit increase' link appear on the Account Management page. If you've seen this, please provide links to the posts. Thanks.

Message 15 of 23
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Stealth-1 wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

However, I haven't seen any threads anywhere on how to make the actual 'Request Credit Limit increase' link appear on the Account Management page. If you've seen this, please provide links to the posts. Thanks.

Cool but I did months ago that's how I knew to do it. But I surely don't have time to seach through hundreds of posts to to show you lol

Message 16 of 23
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Stealth-1 actually since I was on lunch here you go. Still not the one I used but the first one that popped up in about 15 secs of looking. Folkings posting way back as far as 2014 on here about the Link from the Credit Management page

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Edit-CLI-Approved-Error-when-selecting-AMEX-C...

Message 17 of 23
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

But I surely don't have time to seach through hundreds of posts to to show you lol

No, I just meant if you had them offhand. Understood. Didn't expect you to search archived stuff, haha. 

Message 18 of 23
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

@Stealth-1 actually since I was on lunch here you go. Still not the one I used but the first one that popped up in about 15 secs of looking. Folkings posting way back as far as 2014 on here about the Link from the Credit Management page

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Edit-CLI-Approved-Error-when-selecting-AMEX-C...

They have revamped the AMEX site since then. I vaguely recall them having a Credit Management page several years ago. It doesn't seem applicable now because it appears Credit Management isn't shown anymore on the current version of the AMEX site. More specifically I'm talking about the Check Spending Power link under Account Management.

Message 19 of 23
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Stealth-1 wrote:

Like many others, the CLI link has been missing for me on the AMEX site. I’m aware of the direct link URL to the CLI page, which is great. I inadvertently saw how to temporarily display the CLI link back under Account Services.

This is what worked for me. Click Check Spending Power (no need to type in anything) and then immediately click Account Services at the top. The Request Credit Limit Increase link should now be visible on the page. It will eventually go away after clicking on additional site links. To force the link to show again you always have to click Check Spending Power first, and then click Account Services.

Thanks for that work-around @Stealth-1!   Funny thing is I wasn't supposed to be eligible yet for a CLI on my Marriott card. When I did this, I got the link ... and also an approval! Smiley Very Happy *I will post more about that later in Approvals.  ETA: Link to my CLI.

By the way, there is another method to get the CLI Request without using that link. It was also discussed before. Go to Account Services > Payment and Credit Options > Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Benefits.  There is a Request CLI link under there also. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.