cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Rewards Signature Visa Data Points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Rewards Signature Visa Data Points?

Hoping to get some info on this card. It's on my wish list but I'd like to know others experiences and DPs. From what I understand it is exempt from the 5/24 rule since its not part of Chase's main line up. Wondering if its also exempt from the minimum one year credit history preference. Don't wanna pull the trigger too early! 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Rewards Signature Visa Data Points?

As it is underwritten and managed by Chase, I would expect approvals to follow much the same as with other Chase products. Maybe a little less restrictive if Amazon asked for that, but I’m not sure they did. For the less restrictive, there are other Amazon CC and store card options. I think that although not 5/24 restricted, all other conservative Chase lending tendancies would apply. Just my 2 cents.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same situation. I was told be my dad and grandfather to try and get it as my first card since they both have the freedom and the disney card. Obvisously I didn't get appoved so now I'm trying to figure out how to get in bed with chase essenitaly. I just saw someone on these forums who said they got it as their first card but they also had a 4 year auto loan with chase and mazda. 

I want to try to get this card asap possible since I purchase all my textbooks on amazon and the 5% would be a nice help. In December I will be 6 months in with my discover student card, 4 months with uber card and 1.25 years with my autoloan, so I'm going to pull the trigger with chase but not sure if it will be a reapply for amazon, the freedom or the slate(then request a product change to freedom).

Check your preappovals with chase currently I don't have any but maybe you might and it may give you an idea on how they view you.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm early on in my credit build as well but that 5% would be a huge help on textbooks for me too! Oldest card is 7 mos, youngest 1 month so I'm at 4/24 (haha more like 4/12), 5 inqs. I've also noticed that people who get this card first or with limited history have a prior relationship with Chase which of course I do not. I've got preapprovals for a couple of other cards I'd like but I've been holding off since the Amazon Visa is top of my wish list. No preapprovals from Chase for any of their other products. Don't wanna jump the gun and add another inquiry for a denial but if I wait til the 1 year mark it will be too late for next semesters text books. Decisions, decisions! Ugh!

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is your Discover card if its past 3 statments ask for cli, its only a soft pull. Having that higher limit might help your chances with a visa signuture card but I've seen people who got as low as 1k limit on it. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card is at 6mos. Started at 500.. CLI to 800 at 3 mos. CLI to 1k at 5 mos. No luv since then. "Not enough experience at current limit." Boooo on them. I put a minimum of 2k spend on it a month. Newest card is AmEx BCE starting limit 1k, 1month old. Waiting to hit em up for that 61day 3x CLI. 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm early on in my credit build as well but that 5% would be a huge help on textbooks for me too! Oldest card is 7 mos, youngest 1 month so I'm at 4/24 (haha more like 4/12), 5 inqs. I've also noticed that people who get this card first or with limited history have a prior relationship with Chase which of course I do not. I've got preapprovals for a couple of other cards I'd like but I've been holding off since the Amazon Visa is top of my wish list. No preapprovals from Chase for any of their other products. Don't wanna jump the gun and add another inquiry for a denial but if I wait til the 1 year mark it will be too late for next semesters text books. Decisions, decisions! Ugh!

FWIW, Oct-Dec is 5% Cash Back on Amazon purchases with Discover.  If unsure about Chase Amazon Prime Visa, you can try the Amazon Prime Store Card which is also 5% on Amazon purchases.  That would help with textbooks and immediate/near-term 5% with Amazon and give you time to continue to build a portfolio Chase would view more favorably in 6-9 months.  Just a thought.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm considering the Amazon store card as well however Syncrony seems to hate me! Only denials so far have been Synch cards (Walmart & Zulily). Discovers 5% on Amazon is awesome for stuff I need now but I won't need anymore textbooks until January so not much help unless they start next years q1 with Amazon. *crosses fingers*

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony is tricky, they denided me for Google Store card but gave me $1000 paypal credit, so I'm not trying my luck. Idk if they took this into account with the paypal credit but I fequentely sell stuff on ebay. Not sure if it counts or if discover would be happy with you but if you can get 5% back on loading credit on to your amazon account you could do that and use the credit in January. I have the it chrome card and i don't feel like asking to product change. Amazon store card doesn't show up on your credit report unless its a bad remark.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Synchrony is tricky, they denided me for Google Store card but gave me $1000 paypal credit, so I'm not trying my luck. Idk if they took this into account with the paypal credit but I fequentely sell stuff on ebay. Not sure if it counts or if discover would be happy with you but if you can get 5% back on loading credit on to your amazon account you could do that and use the credit in January. I have the it chrome card and i don't feel like asking to product change. Amazon store card doesn't show up on your credit report unless its a bad remark.

Actually, Amazon Store Card does reports balance and credit limits to credit bureaus. Paypal Credit which now owned by Sync still remain hidden Tradeline and doesnt report to credit bureaus besides hard inquiry. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.