Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI Question

tag
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Amex CLI Question

One of my AMEX Card that I was approved for back in November is going on 61 days very soon (Seems to be tomorrow) and I wanted to know is there a specific time I should request a CLI? Can be it be exactly after midnight? Can it be my timezone or does it have to be a specific timezone if allowed after midnight? Just for clarification, I was approved on November 23th of last year and if im correct, tomorrow will be 61 days.

8 REPLIES 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex CLI Question

@silver_idle     Not sure about Time Zones but tomorrow should be in fact 61 days if you want to be safe you can ask Sunday or Monday ^^

Message 2 of 9
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@silver_idle     Not sure about Time Zones but tomorrow should be in fact 61 days if you want to be safe you can ask Sunday or Monday ^^

^^Agree, just give it an extra day. BUT if you must do it now and you jump the gun by accident, it doesn't reset anything, it would just auto-deny you without even taking your request into real consideration, and you would still be able to request again the next day. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@silver_idle - why not wait a couple days to ensure request is not premature?

Message 4 of 9
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

While I dont mind waiting since I am not completely in a rush (honestly I thought about waiting until feburary), but since the statement ends exactly on the 24th, I would like to try to get the request in and if approved it will be reporting this month instead of me having to wait a whole statement cycle since it would lower my overall utilization (thanks to capital one changing their statement closing date without notice >.>) but thats only assuming they would approve my request.

Message 5 of 9
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@silver_idle wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

While I dont mind waiting since I am not completely in a rush (honestly I thought about waiting until feburary), but since the statement ends exactly on the 24th, I would like to try to get the request in and if approved it will be reporting this month instead of me having to wait a whole statement cycle since it would lower my overall utilization (thanks to capital one changing their statement closing date without notice >.>) but thats only assuming they would approve my request.

Ok, your situation makes more sense now as to why you want to get this out of the way right on the 23rd, due to the the statement cut. While you may be asking on the very minimum day; when I punch the dates in to the time and date calculator to make sure that I am not calculating with a human error, you are right in that tomorrow (1/23/21) is day 61. Just out of curiosity, since I now want to know how the decision by AMEX for your CLI results turn out, what are a few details of this card, if you don't mind me asking? Which card is it, what was your SL, do you have any other cards from AMEX, if so when were they opened, what are their CLs, what is your current reported EX FICO 8 on AMEX's site, have you had any other 3X CLIs from AMEX either 181 days ago or any other time? Make sure you update us how it turns out, people are always looking for extra AMEX CLI DPs wether they are approvals or denials. I'm asking for a 3X next month so I'll take all the DPs I can get. Good luck regardless of what you decide to do, thanks for posting your DPs, and we are all rooting for you! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 9
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Well I tried a few moments after midnight and gotten the 7-10 message so im almost sure its a denial unless they want me to provide POI, which I can do. The weird thing though is that when I called in to check the status of the cli request it stated their has been no request done in the last 90 days. I also didnt get an email about it. I do recall a rep earlier yesterday telling me to try on the 24th so maybe the system was down and didnt process the request? I dont know. Ill call in later on on saturday or maybe wait until monday to see if it will provide a reason or if it really didnt go through Ill probably try again.

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Ok, your situation makes more sense now as to why you want to get this out of the way right on the 23rd, due to the the statement cut. While you may be asking on the very minimum day; when I punch the dates in to the time and date calculator to make sure that I am not calculating with a human error, you are right in that tomorrow (1/23/21) is day 61. Just out of curiosity, since I now want to know how the decision by AMEX for your CLI results turn out, what are a few details of this card, if you don't mind me asking? Which card is it, what was your SL, do you have any other cards from AMEX, if so when were they opened, what are their CLs, what is your current reported EX FICO 8 on AMEX's site, have you had any other 3X CLIs from AMEX either 181 days ago or any other time? Make sure you update us how it turns out, people are always looking for extra AMEX CLI DPs wether they are approvals or denials. I'm asking for a 3X next month so I'll take all the DPs I can get. Good luck regardless of what you decide to do, thanks for posting your DPs, and we are all rooting for you! Smiley Happy

Whether or not I am approved or denied a CLI, the card is the Delta Blue Card with a SL of $1k. I know that cards with such limits are usually not easy to get a CLI since it may be seen as a probationary limit but doesnt hurt to try though. I do have a AMEX Gold with no other revolving account with AMEX apart from what I mentioned so havent had a CLI done until midnight today.

EX8 score at time of request was 693 with overall utilization being 10% (will be ~8% before this month is out) with the only card reporting a balance is my capital one card with a utilization of 51% and a balance of $926 (thanks cap1 for screwing up statement closing dates). Score will be higher once the card reports a lower balance next month (I like to keep balances of all my cards below 8% when it comes time to report and PIF and now that I know the dates when cap1 statement closes, I will make sure everything is posted before it does).

Will update if I am approved, denied or if the CLI request didnt go through. If it didnt go through for some odd reason (read some post where this have happened but not completely sure if its still a thing that can happen or if its rare) I might just go for 2X CLI (or 3X depending on if i want to gamble). Worse case that happens is that they either counter it or they denied it and I wait 91 days to try again, which I also dont mind doing since I am going to garden this year (though Idk how the CLI request will effect me when I apply for a amex business credit card sometime next month).

Message 7 of 9
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Just as a little update, I havent spoken to a live person yet but I have not received an email regarding the CLI and the automated system continues to say there is no request in the last 90 days. I did try to request it by phone but it said I would receive a letter in 7-10 business days. At this point I will assume I was denied a CLI (which is no surprise) but I would like to figure out the phone system tells me there been no request for a CLI. For anyone who can provide any DP, is this normal? I do plan on speaking to a live rep tomorrow to confirm I've been denied, assuming they can find the request.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My data points are similar to yours and I have not been able to get a CLI.  My understanding is that if it is granted, you would know immediately upon requesting it.  7-10 day letter messages means that you will be denied.  This has been my experience.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.