Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Denial Letter

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

Apple Denial Letter

I think Apple hates me lol.  The letter for denial is that I have recently been past due.  Well I don't have any recent past due account so not sure what they're talking about and they provided me a score of 681 which I think is FICO 9.  Not even sure what to do next, recon (not sure if they have one). Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Apple Denial Letter

@blazerein wrote:

I think Apple hates me lol.  The letter for denial is that I have recently been past due.  Well I don't have any recent past due account so not sure what they're talking about and they provided me a score of 681 which I think is FICO 9.  Not even sure what to do next, recon (not sure if they have one). Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Maybe their definition of "recent" is different than yours, exactly how long ago was your most recent late?

Message 2 of 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Pretty much any late that shows up on your reports the issuers can call "recent." When was your most recent late payment reported? 

Edit: @dragontears is quicker than me!

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 7
blazerein
Established Contributor

The only one I can see is from Barclays CO (all paid in full) from 7 years ago and should fall off this August.  I guess I'll try again after it gets deleted from my report. Thanks

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 4 of 7
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

@blazerein wrote:

Ugh, that is so frustrating! I am feeling your pain, I think Citi hates me.  They declined both CLI requests for DC and TYP.  Then I asked to consolidate the DC line 2K onto the TYP since I only use the TYP.  They said they stopped allowing moving limits 2yrs ago.  I get aggravated constantly with their app.  I think I'll be done with Citi once I pay off my BT Smiley Frustrated I was thinking to app Apple... I dont know if I can take another gut punch though!

Message 5 of 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@blazerein wrote:

The only one I can see is from Barclays CO (all paid in full) from 7 years ago and should fall off this August.  I guess I'll try again after it gets deleted from my report. Thanks

Yeah I'd be salty about 7 years ago them considering "recent" too. Probably just an excuse for a different reason and they have to give one of the official ones as your answer. Definitely frustrating not knowing exactly what they're wanting changed in your profile. Could be just a sign of the current times. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Do you have any collections?  Collections count as lates even if paid off

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.