Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for 2nd Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for 2nd Amex?

Hi,

I just applied for a Amex Delta Gold last week.

I would like to apply for a charge card this week. Will it be another hard pull? What are chances they approve me?

Can someone direct me on what are proper steps?

Experian - 695 , Util - 15% , AAoA - 1.2 years , no derogs

Thanks guys!

15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applying for 2nd Amex?

Have you checked to see if you are pre-qualified?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've heard, if you applied for a second card within the 30 day period, AMEX may still use the last report they pulled from your first app. YEMV, but if you want to check the recommended cards section while logged into your account. and If it says Pre-Approved it is most likely going to be a SP approval. Not sure however if this also applies to members who's held the account for less than 6 mos.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually havent been approved for the Gold Delta yet, i was pre approved for it and when I applied, they asked for verification. So im waiting on the letter. I think ill be approved lol hopefully.

As for the charge card, Id really like the PRG but I wasnt pre approved for it.... 

I want to know if anyone has had luck with a soft pull on there second Amex app.. in a 30 day period...

If they may use the same report then that sucks lmao. I dont want to take a risk for a hard pull especially if I wasnt pre approved..

Thanks Guys.

Message 4 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually havent been approved for the Gold Delta yet, i was pre approved for it and when I applied, they asked for verification. So im waiting on the letter. I think ill be approved lol hopefully.

As for the charge card, Id really like the PRG but I wasnt pre approved for it.... 

I want to know if anyone has had luck with a soft pull on there second Amex app.. in a 30 day period...

If they may use the same report then that sucks lmao. I dont want to take a risk for a hard pull especially if I wasnt pre approved..

Thanks Guys.

If it were me I would wait for the outcome on the Delta Gold before applying for another card with Amex.

If you're approved, there's a good chance you'll be able to get a new card with no HP - many (including myself) have had luck with that.  At one time the apps needed to be the same day, but that seems to no longer apply.  For many of us the time period doesn't matter at all.

Disclaimer:  If you look hard enough, you'll find exceptions to nearly every "rule", so keep in mind there's always a chance you'll get a HP for a second application even if most others don't.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 16
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

I applied for Blue and a PRG on consecutive days and have a HP for each.  At least they were both issued, so no big deal on the HP

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for Delta and Hilton in a same day. Got approved for both. No HP.

Existing customer of amex for 7 months.

Oldest card 1.1 year

Average 0.7 year

Scores around 715

New accounts - 9 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you haven't received notification of an approval from the Delta Gold then I would wait. If you are approved then any subsequent apps could be a SP. I have 3 AMEX revolvers and other than the HP for the first the others were SP.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to apply by phone and ask them to look at recent application? 

Message 9 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible to apply by phone and ask them to look at recent application? 

No, if you apply by phone it's basically the same process as applying online, the only difference is a CSR does the typing instead of you.  The approval process is automated.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.