Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Apple Approved fresh off BK 13

My curiosity got the best of me with all the approvals and option to decline.  So, I went through the application process and was offered $7K @23.99. Latest PenFed FICO 9 is 732.  My BK 13 discharged less than a month ago (7/15).  I declined the offer as I hope to close on my new home soon.

Message 51 of 205
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Approved fresh off BK 13

@Yeliaba1 wrote:

My curiosity got the best of me with all the approvals and option to decline.  So, I went through the application process and was offered $7K @23.99. Latest PenFed FICO 9 is 732.  My BK 13 discharged less than a month ago (7/15).  I declined the offer as I hope to close on my new home soon.

Congrats on the approval and wise decision holding off!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 52 of 205
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Approved fresh off BK 13

Thank you 

Message 53 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Offered Apple Card, Rejected Offer...

Offered $6500 credit limit at 17.99%. Declined offer. I was hoping for either a larger credit line or lower APR to make it more enticing. While the card peaked my interest, I decided against it.

Message 54 of 205
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Hey Wanted to Add to the Apple 🍏 SP Approval

Ok I don’t like Kool-Aid so let’s say Curious Liquid Drinker for that Apple Card lol😊😉

So decided to take a look-see
And Approved 6.5K @ 23.99%

I didn’t accept it don’t need it
Rather A different card

Thanks for all your help MyFICOland !!!
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 55 of 205
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Re: Hey Wanted to Add to the Apple 🍏 SP Approval

Congratulations on the SP approval and the willpower🥳

Message 56 of 205
Caught750
Valued Contributor

No thanks Apple

Got the invite this morning and figured I’d try it out of sheer curiosity since it’s a SP until you accept. I thought to myself “if they give $15-20k then I suppose I’ll accept”. I most definitely don’t need a card and frankly I shouldn’t even have looked but I’m safe. $5k at 17.99, not a bad APR but $5k is pretty run of the mill and even a little low for me at the moment.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 57 of 205
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: No thanks Apple

Apple seems to be the flavor of the month and not everyone likes it.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 58 of 205
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I didn’t dislike it, it’s just that I didn’t necessarily like it either. Card isn’t anything special and neither were the terms offered. I kind of expected some more interesting numbers right out of the gate to try to pull people in but the approval section says that wasn’t really necessary.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 59 of 205
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It seems too many people are getting more caught up in the fact that the numbers, ie credit limit, doesnt meet their expectations than the card itself. I understand it but dont necessarily agree with it. 800 scores dont necessarily translate into 30k limits no matter how much someone makes. My humble opinion of courseSmiley Wink.
Message 60 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.