Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Apple Rewards Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Apple Rewards Question

I have a 720 Experian. Credit score. But my income is null. I worked part time seasonal in December but since Jan-feb didn't work. 

my question is I want to apply for the barclay rewards with Apple. I want to get a MacBook Pro. 

will I get approved? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Apple Rewards Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a 720 Experian. Credit score. But my income is null. I worked part time seasonal in December but since Jan-feb didn't work. 

my question is I want to apply for the barclay rewards with Apple. I want to get a MacBook Pro. 

will I get approved? Thanks. 

Why not go for the Apple Card? You can apply on your phone and get an instant decision with no hard inquiry on your credit report. If they deny you, move on. If they accept you, and you accept their terms, they'll do a hard pull and give you a card. 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, I'd wait on both since you have little to no income. That's going to start some frivolous debt if you don't have a job. Good luck!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So. I mean. I do get income but not like a pay check from work. I do jobs like using my truck to pick up and deliver. So I actually bring in 800$ a month on the side Cash daily. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok. I just saw that you wrote you hadn't been working a couple months. I would say try the GS Apple Card if you have an iPhone. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. Just wondering for my curiosity. How does it work. When credit companies go about approvals  how do they know you work or when I have a 720 fico 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull your credit. In the case of GS Apple Card, they pull TU9.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't even apply for the Barclays Apple Rewards card anyway. Its closed to new apps. You can apply for the Barclays Financing VISA which only has deferred financing if you want to go that route but you're probably better off getting a card with a true 0% intro period and a SUB. 

Message 8 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Whether you should or shouldn't buy a Mac isn't really our concern lol so to simply answer YOUR question: I would say that your odds of approval are better on Apple Card (through the iPhone) than on the Barclays card. Barclays can be tough and a little unpredictable. Plus, the rewards are far superior on Apple Card and you can get "prequaled" without actually applying. 

Good luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 15
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

I have the Barclays 🍎 card. I applied December of 2017 with a TU 725 and good income no negatives. They started me out with a 1k SL. And I'm not willing to to take a HP to do a CLI so it's sock drawered. Wanted a MacBook Pro also to get the 0% but can't get that with a 1K CL. Their a very conservative bank so just be aware. Good luck with whatever you decide. Sorry for the choppy response I'm falling asleep as I type. Also The Apple Card from GS doesn't do financing on iPads or MacBook yet but they say it's coming in the future. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.