cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Quick Silver cli denied, got 7 to 10 day notice.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Capital one Quick Silver cli denied, got 7 to 10 day notice.

Hi today I ask for credit line increase, I had the since 2005 with cl of 4700 got my last increase about 3 years ago. Have never been late on this account have fico scores around 800 my ulitization on all my card is about 1 percent and no account is over 9 percent. Had not used this quick silver card in long time, back in december 2019 did a Bt for 650$ then just before account closed I made a 250 $ payment then in feFebruary after the account closed made payment of 400 $ to pay off the balance then charge total of 592 on the account with bumch of charges. Yesterday I paid 320 to bring the balance under 8 percent the balance is now 273 dollars and my income is 80 K with total cl of 177 K. I am going to put some more charges on card then pay it off total amount then give it one more cli try, if then I get turned down I put this Cap one sockdraw. What do you guys think not happy with cap one.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one Quick Silver cli denied, got 7 to 10 day notice.

Ask for CLI after the payment for 320 dollars posted to the account the next day. Cap one does not want to give me any cli's.

Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If there's a remote possibility for a CLI, you'll definitely need to put A LOT of spend on the card, and frequently.  While you may be using your card here and there, it doesn't appear to be sufficient enough to trigger a CLI, at least not at this point.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't at least use half your credit limit for months and months they won't give you an increase.   They like heavy usage.....for months not just a couple of dollars a month to keep it active

Message 4 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Im bucketed so I just keep my Cap1 cards alive because they are two of my oldest open TLs. Just maike sure your cards have no AF and just sock drawer  them

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Hi OP, Cap One likes heavy spend for multiple months. Even that won't guarantee CLI. At this point, use the cards that bring most value.

Message 6 of 12
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Hi today I ask for credit line increase, I had the since 2005 with cl of 4700 got my last increase about 3 years ago. Have never been late on this account have fico scores around 800 my ulitization on all my card is about 1 percent and no account is over 9 percent. Had not used this quick silver card in long time, back in december 2019 did a Bt for 650$ then just before account closed I made a 250 $ payment then in feFebruary after the account closed made payment of 400 $ to pay off the balance then charge total of 592 on the account with bumch of charges. Yesterday I paid 320 to bring the balance under 8 percent the balance is now 273 dollars and my income is 80 K with total cl of 177 K. I am going to put some more charges on card then pay it off total amount then give it one more cli try, if then I get turned down I put this Cap one sockdraw. What do you guys think not happy with cap one.

You know what to do! SD it. No more swipe fees from you.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 12
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I am going to see what the gives as reason for denial for credit increase. I also have Capital one wall mart card with cl of 18K monthley balance around 250 dollars. Again I would not put balances of fifty percent of my credit limit on any card that would make score go into craper. I don't understand Capital one business model, if thay want me to put lot of use on the card then thay should make customer feel like thay are apprerciated then give increase on accounts so you want make more use. I have other cards where have gotten cli's with lot less spend maymaybe only couple hundred dollars and have credit lines over 20K like BOA mastercard. I think what happem is when I got last cli on account it went from 4 K to 4750 I want even number so I ask for line to be reduce to 4700 that may be my problem. I will put another few hundred bucks on card over next couple of months and give cap another go at it. If thay don't give me any thing then I just using the card, wanted to get 1.5 percent cash back card has no fee on it. May be I should go for pay pal master card. I do have us cash visa, citi double cash back with 15.6K line.

Message 8 of 12
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

I am going to see what the gives as reason for denial for credit increase. I also have Capital one wall mart card with cl of 18K monthley balance around 250 dollars. Again I would not put balances of fifty percent of my credit limit on any card that would make score go into craper. I don't understand Capital one business model, if thay want me to put lot of use on the card then thay should make customer feel like thay are apprerciated then give increase on accounts so you want make more use. I have other cards where have gotten cli's with lot less spend maymaybe only couple hundred dollars and have credit lines over 20K like BOA mastercard. I think what happem is when I got last cli on account it went from 4 K to 4750 I want even number so I ask for line to be reduce to 4700 that may be my problem. I will put another few hundred bucks on card over next couple of months and give cap another go at it. If thay don't give me any thing then I just using the card, wanted to get 1.5 percent cash back card has no fee on it. May be I should go for pay pal master card. I do have us cash visa, citi double cash back with 15.6K line.

Amen! Go, You!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 9 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't hold my breath on a couple hundred spend, but good luck OP. Trading Cap One for Sync, at least Cap won't shut you down. JMO

I wish you the best.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.