Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays SUCKS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays SUCKS

I am so p-ed off I have to laugh.   I just logged into my Barclays Visa account and it said it was closed.   Funny to me because I asked them for a CLI on Saturday night and spoke to a credit analyst without issue although I did not receive the CLI.   It must of raised a flag because I have so many new accounts the past several months.  I have had this account only 4 months as well and paid 5x the minumum payment they said was due in each statement.  I was only doing this because it was a 0% fnancing offer.

There are no derogs or late payments on my credit reports anywhere.    When I just phoned,   I asked the analyst if Barclays is that arrogant to think they are the ONLY bank in the world.   I then got the run around and she said something spooked them on my credit report like the new accounts or inquiries.   I told her it takes inquiries to get credit...LOL.    I was even approved for the Firestone Credit card today (Thanks to a post from Ron1).   My scores from Myfico are 690 for EQ,   702 for TU and 740 for EX.  

Anyway,  hell with them.   I don't need them for anything.    I understand credit is a privelage but so is a end user like myself using their credit card so they can make money as well.    I swear I will NEVER open another card from Barclays. 

Thanks for listening (reading).

Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays SUCKS

ouch... now I'm even more paranoid that I got 2 other cards after arrival card, only one of them is posted on credit reports... I guess I better be careful, not to give them any reason to check my credit report.

Message 2 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Red.   I have maybe 12 new credit lines they didn't like although NONE of them have a balance.    Barclays are very arrogant or sensitive.   I have no clue.

Message 3 of 91
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

LOL...Don't be so angry. They're just scared you're going to bail on them. If you were nice about it and paid off your accounts in full so they can see, i'm sure they won't have an issue with reinstating the account. Remember, be nice. Keep the sacarsm to a minimum. Sacarsm got my Total Rewards Comenity card closed and now it can never be reopened lol.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 4 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply Red.   I have maybe 12 new credit lines they didn't like although NONE of them have a balance.    Barclays are very arrogant or sensitive.   I have no clue.

holy cannoli! 12 new credit lines in 4 months? are you trying to catch up with creditaddict? Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Sacarsm got my Total Rewards Comenity card closed and now it can never be reopened lol.

oooh! details, details! I'll go get my popcorn! Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.   Do you mean pay off my Barclays card?     I do have every intention of paying it off by the first week of December.

Message 7 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

This forum while good also has me itching for more cards with all of the approvals of others.   Also, Creditaddict is amazing and so is Ron with how they have all these cards and keep getting approvals.   

Message 8 of 91
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I trend I have noticed on this forum is people talking about how happy they are with 5 million new accounts, then 3-6 months later complaining about CLD's and closed accounts. While I dont agree with the people that say 4 cars max or so on and so forth, but I like accumulating accounts in years, not days like a lot of people do. IDK Just seems like everyone on here sees no problem with applying for 20 different cards in 3 months. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 9 of 91
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Wow I would be very angry. Do not worry where one door closes another one opens.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 10 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.