Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays SUCKS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays SUCKS

@EW800 wrote:
Sure enough, they have done a SP on me every 60 days like clock work.  Smiley Happy

60 days? balls! I hope diners report.... about 4 months after. Smiley LOL

on that SP note, I do have credit monitoring with myfico but I can't tell if they don't report SP, or that no one ever SP my credit report.

Message 41 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

LOL...Don't be so angry. They're just scared you're going to bail on them. If you were nice about it and paid off your accounts in full so they can see, i'm sure they won't have an issue with reinstating the account. Remember, be nice. Keep the sacarsm to a minimum. Sacarsm got my Total Rewards Comenity card closed and now it can never be reopened lol.

Yep, many bankers are sarcasm sensitive.  They probably don't have the intelligence to tell the difference.  Anyway, I have done wonders for my credit, by reducing contact with my lenders to the minimum...

Message 42 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This forum while good also has me itching for more cards with all of the approvals of others.   Also, Creditaddict is amazing and so is Ron with how they have all these cards and keep getting approvals.   

Really?  They strike me as amazingly frustrated and unsatisfied no matter how good they have it....

I guess not everybody gets "amazed" by the same things...

Message 43 of 91
Involver
Valued Contributor

I have 15 new accounts since I opened my Barclays account. They just gave me a CLI last month. While they get a bad reputation for being new account sensitive it's only isolated incidents that get overblown. That said, sorry this happened to you. This is why its important to have options with multiple lenders.
Message 44 of 91
juggar
Contributor

Heh, I got a barclay card about 6 months ago and applied for the arrival card today and was denied because of "too many new accounts and too a lesser extent too many inqs"

Thats what the analyst said, they want to see how I treat my 5 recently opened accounts.... they dont even know about the 3 cards I got in the last week. LOL 

I was like wut.jpg , how are you gonna tell me that when I have never missed a payment or anything negative since my credits inception.... over 4 years ago 

Then he said something about my Amex Green NPSL card and was like well lets let that report on your credit first since its not reporting a limit. I was like what? dude you just lost all credibility...

I also did a recon with BoA today for a declined card, they treated me like gold. Maybe the rep saw the $3500 I charged and paid off the next day but either way they had no issues unlike barfclay. 

TLDR; idiots working in barclay card credit review dept. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 45 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggar wrote:

Heh, I got a barclay card about 6 months ago and applied for the arrival card today and was denied because of "too many new accounts and too a lesser extent too many inqs"

Thats what the analyst said, they want to see how I treat my 5 recently opened accounts.... they dont even know about the 3 cards I got in the last week. LOL 

I was like wut.jpg , how are you gonna tell me that when I have never missed a payment or anything negative since my credits inception.... over 4 years ago 

Then he said something about my Amex Green NPSL card and was like well lets let that report on your credit first since its not reporting a limit. I was like what? dude you just lost all creditability...

I also did a recon with BoA today for a declined card, they treated me like gold. Maybe the rep saw the $3500 I charged and paid of the next day but either way they had no issues unlike barfclay. 

I'd keep calling them until you reach an analyst that isn't in lecture mode and is willing to actually look at your report.

Message 46 of 91
juggar
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggar wrote:

Then he said something about my Amex Green NPSL card and was like well lets let that report on your credit first since its not reporting a limit. I was like what? dude you just lost all creditability...

I also did a recon with BoA today for a declined card, they treated me like gold. Maybe the rep saw the $3500 I charged and paid of the next day but either way they had no issues unlike barfclay. 

I'd keep calling them until you reach an analyst that isn't in lecture mode and is willing to actually look at your report.

Hmm perhaps I shall, im not holding out much hope. I dont really have too much history with them. Alternatively, Chase, Cap One and BoA I have 3 + years history with and was approved with out much fuss in the last week. 

Hopefully it'll be a different person I talk to tomorrow, I dont want the inquiry to go to waste. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 47 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good lord, I sent Barclays a secure message not 15 minutes ago asking if it were possible to give me a CLI on my new Sallie Mae WMC. I, like you, have several new credit accounts opened recently. I wish I had seen this thread first before sending that message! Now I'm worried!

Message 48 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggar wrote:

Hmm perhaps I shall, im not holding out much hope. I dont really have too much history with them. Alternatively, Chase, Cap One and BoA I have 3 + years history with and was approved with out much fuss in the last week. 

Hopefully it'll be a different person I talk to tomorrow, I dont want the inquiry to go to waste. 

If they shoot you down again tomorrow, Call every two days. Call blocked and if you recognize the voice on the other end, Hang up.

Message 49 of 91
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Sacarsm got my Total Rewards Comenity card closed and now it can never be reopened lol.

oooh! details, details! I'll go get my popcorn! Smiley LOL

Here lol

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closed-my-Total-Rewards-credit-card-after-the-first-attempted/td-p/3436069

I remember that thread! I understood what you were saying, hey we all have our moments we are HUMAN ya know.

Chief i'm with ya too! Down with the over zealous trigger happy credit line sword yielding bookeepers who cannot just clarify and ask questions before pulling that trigger, or the accounting equivilant of shoot first ask questions later. Smiley Mad

Message 50 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.